RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
Published: 15:35 20 September 2019 Updated: 20:24 20 September 2019
RAB has launched a drive at ‘GK Builders’ office owned by central leader of the Jubo League SM Golam Kibria Shamim alias GK Shamim. Shamim in Gulshan’s Niketan. In this, six bodyguards including Shamim was arrested and recovered a large amount of money.
Senior Assistant Director of RAB’s Law and Media Branch ASP Mizanur Rahman Bhuiyan confirmed the matter.
The drive was carried out on Friday at Shamim’s office at road number 5 on 144 no building at Niketan in the capital.
It is learned that GK Shamim, co-secretary of the central committee of the Jubo League, is known as an influential contractor in various areas including capital’s Motijheel, Basabo.
During the BNP-Jamaat government, Shamim was the co-secretary of Dhaka Metropolitan Jubo Dal. During that, he took control of the Public Works Building contractor for the support of the BNP leaders.
Earlier, RAB arrested Khalid Mahmud Bhuiyan, the organizing secretary of Dhaka South Metropolitan Jubo League on charges of illegal gambling and casino operation. Police also remanded him on 7-days remand in two separate cases of weapons and drugs.
- Cyclone “Bulbul”
Great danger signal 10 for Mongla, Payra ports
- Asian Rising & Promising Star Arik Morshed
- ‘Kurigram Express’ to be launched today
- Bengali calendar changes
- Dr Arif, the top young scientists in Japan
- DU student rape: Books, inhalers recovered
- Mohammed Rezwan, floating school innovator named as ‘Earth Hero’
- ‘Construction work of Bangabandhu Railway Bridge from 2020’
- Cyclone Bulbul: sea ports asked to hoist signal 7
- Myanmar falsified Bangladesh FM’s speech
- Dhaka ranks 7th worst in Air Quality Index
- 5 children killed in Mirpur gas cylinder blast
- Physician couple in Dr Baker’s place, serving poor people
- “Bulbul" likely to cross Khulna this evening
- Fire breaks out at Rajdhani Super Market