Quader urge to continue cleanup campaign
Published: 22:47 6 August 2019
Awami League General Secretary and Bridge Minister Obaidul Quader urged ward councilors and its leaders, activists, to continue their cleanliness campaign to cope with the dengue situation.
He said the ward president-general secretary will assist the councilors in the cleanliness activities. Aedes mosquitoes are very dangerous. Aedes mosquitoes will not look at the face to bite. If given the opportunity mosquito will bite everyone & eat blood. Everyone will have to be aware and careful. We need to continue our cleanup campaign.
He said this at a special meeting at the Awami League central office on Bangabandhu Avenue on Tuesday.
Awami League general secretary said to leaders, "We programmed in a few places. But the Aedes mosquito will not be destroyed; the source of growth will not stop. Then we do not prevent the spread of dengue disease. That is why we need to be vigilant and alert in the fight against dengue. The precondition to destroy mosquito breeding is cleanliness. So we need to continue our cleanup program.
He said the Prime Minister wanted to know how many wards had been followed in the cleanliness program. We want to see how many wards in Dhaka are celebrating this program. Cleaning programs will not happen for one day. It has to do every day. Those wards who have not started the cleanliness campaign will begin first, those who have done will continue the cleanup program.
“Government would have denounced dengue if there were no media”. In response to BNP Secretary-General Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir statement, Obaidul Quader said, “They failed the election in all respects, they were not against dengue, they did not stand by the floods. They just do it orally. Their residential representative sat down and held a press conference only. For this reason, if there were no media, they would not have existed”.
Awami League joint-general secretary Mahbub-ul-Alam Hanif and Jahangir Kabir Nanak, organizational secretaries AFM Bahauddin Nasim and Enamul Haque Shamim, secretary of Information and Research Advocate Afzal Hossain, central committee member S. Kamrul Islam , Dhaka Metropolitan North Awami League General Secretary Sadek Khan, South Awami League General Secretary Shah Alam Murad, MP Haji Selim were present in the meeting.
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- Ershad`s son Eric receives kidnap threat
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- DU BCL gets full committee
- JaPa chairman Ershad in life support
- Ailing Ershad on oxygen support: doctors
- Rape allegation against JP Secretary General
- BNP’s Rumeen Farhana takes oath
- Ershad`s physical condition remains unchanged
- AL observes 70th founding anniversary
- Quader for salary, bonus before 25th Ramadan
- Quader for ‘working understanding’ in democracy
- Obaidul Quader returns home
- Ershad’s condition too critical to send abroad: GM Kader
- Niketa gets AL ticket for Bogura-6 by-poll