Quader to fly for Singapore Sunday
Published: 15:43 10 July 2019
Awami League General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader will leave Dhaka for Singapore on Sunday to undergo follow-up care at Mount Elizabeth Hospital there.
Abu Naser Tipu, the deputy chief information officer in the roads and bridges ministry's Road Transport and Highways Division, confirmed the information on Wednesday.
The physical condition of Quader is well, he said adding that the AL leader will go to Singapore to undergo follow-up care according to doctors' schedule. He is expected to return home this month after the treatment.
On March 3 last, the minister was admitted to the Coronary Care Unit (CCU) of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU). Later, he was diagnosed with three blocks in his coronary arteries.
The next day, a Mount Elizabeth Hospital air ambulance flew Quader to Singapore for better treatment as advised by doctors including famous Indian cardiologist Devi Shetty.
On March 20, the minister’s bypass surgery was conducted successfully in Singapore’s Mount Elizabeth Hospital.
After taking treatment for two months and 11 days in Singapore, the AL general secretary returned home by a Biman Bangladesh Airlines flight on May 15.
- `BNP should strengthen legal procedures for Khaleda’s parole`
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- BCL announced full-fledged committee
- Govt to bring Tarique back for sake of law: Hasan
- No longer acting:
GM Quader full chairman now
- Miscreants kill Bogura BNP leader
- BNP to stage hunger strike Sunday seeking Khaleda’s release
- Obaidul Quader almost cured
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Ershad condemns blasts in Sri Lanka
- 4 BNP MPs-elect in Parliament for oath
- CU in turmoil after BCL men-cops clash
- BNP tried to distort history: Hanif
- Jamaat has no right of politics: Hanif
- 14-party to hold anti-drug rally April 11