Quader to fly for Singapore Sunday
Published: 15:43 10 July 2019
Awami League General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader will leave Dhaka for Singapore on Sunday to undergo follow-up care at Mount Elizabeth Hospital there.
Abu Naser Tipu, the deputy chief information officer in the roads and bridges ministry's Road Transport and Highways Division, confirmed the information on Wednesday.
The physical condition of Quader is well, he said adding that the AL leader will go to Singapore to undergo follow-up care according to doctors' schedule. He is expected to return home this month after the treatment.
On March 3 last, the minister was admitted to the Coronary Care Unit (CCU) of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU). Later, he was diagnosed with three blocks in his coronary arteries.
The next day, a Mount Elizabeth Hospital air ambulance flew Quader to Singapore for better treatment as advised by doctors including famous Indian cardiologist Devi Shetty.
On March 20, the minister’s bypass surgery was conducted successfully in Singapore’s Mount Elizabeth Hospital.
After taking treatment for two months and 11 days in Singapore, the AL general secretary returned home by a Biman Bangladesh Airlines flight on May 15.
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- BNP foreigner complaint centric, not pro-people: Hasan
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- ‘Condolence Book’ in memory Ershad
- GK Shamim is none of Jubo League: Omar Farooq
- Wife blasts about Samrat
- Rowshan thanks countrymen for showing respect to Ershad
- ‘Samrat’ of Dhaka South arrested
- GM Quader JP Chair, LOP Rowshan
- Declare state of emergency to tackle dengue: Fakhrul
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- BNP’s anarchy will not be tolerated: Hasan
- AL delegation to visit China from Wednesday
- 25th anniv of AL’s volunteer front tomorrow
- Which way is Jatiya Party?