Prof Shibli Rubayat named BSEC new chairman
Published: 18:29 17 May 2020
Professor Shibli Rubayat Ul Islam
The government has appointed Professor Shibli Rubayat Ul Islam as the new chairman of the Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission (BSEC). He joined BSEC at 4 pm on Sunday.
Earlier, The Ministry of Finance issued a notification appointing Professor Shibli Rubayat Ul Islam as the chairman of BSEC.
The circular signed by Deputy Secretary Dr. Nahid Hossain said Shibli Rubayat Ul Islam has been appointed as the chairman of BSEC for four years to comply with the provisions of sections 5 and 6 of the Securities and Exchange Commission Act 1993.
Professor Shibli Rubayat Ul Islam is the Dean of the Faculty of Business Studies at Dhaka University. He is currently the Chairman of the General Insurance Corporation. He has been involved in Finance, Banking, and Insurance teaching for more than two decades.
Shibli Rubayat Ul Islam passed the first class in all levels of educational life. He has research degrees, diplomas, and training in the UK, Australia, and South Korea. Shibli Rubayat Ul Islam was born in an aristocratic Muslim family in Dhamrai, Dhaka.
- BB releases commemorative notes marking ‘Mujib Borsho’
- Where Tk 200 note will be available
- Tk 200 bank notes, gold and silver coins to be launched
- SME products fair begins in Magura
- Foreign exchange reserves $33bn again
- ADB announces $650cr initial response to corona pandemic
- BB relaxes interest on all types of bank loans
- Interest on P.O. savings to return to previous rates
- TCB starts selling onion at Tk 25
- Bangladesh to export PPE after meeting local demand
- Tk15,000cr fund formed to support business and service sector
- ‘Hospitals similar to China to be built to combat corona’
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Global economy may suffer up to 9.7 pc due to COVID-19: ADB
- All expatriates will get incentives on remittance