Prof Muzaffar laid to rest with state honor
Published: 18:27 25 August 2019
President of Bangladesh National Awami Party (NAP) Professor Muzaffar Ahmed was laid to eternal rest at his Allahabad village of Debidwar Upazila in Cumilla district on Sunday after Johr prayers with full state honour.
Muzaffar, also a member of the advisory council of the Mujibnagar government that led Bangladesh’s Liberation War in 1971, was given guard of honor before the burial following his fifth namaz-e-janaza at his native village, said NAP Presidium Member Advocate Enamul Haque.
Earlier, his body was taken to the Cumilla Town Hall this morning for conducting his forth namaz-e-janaza, he added.
National and local leaders of different political parties were present at the time.
His first namaz-e-janaza was held at South Plaza of Jatiya Sangsad (JS) while the second one was held in front of his party office in capital’s New Market area.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, Speaker DR Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury, ministers, parliament members and leaders of different political parties joined the first namaz-e-janaza.
Later, Prime Minister and Speaker paid rich tributes to Prof Muzaffar Ahmed who was one of the luminaries of left politics in the subcontinent.
They paid the homage by placing wreaths to his coffin draped with the red-green national flag. After laying the wreaths, the premier stood in solemn silence for some time as a mark of profound respect to the memory of Prof Muzaffar.
Mozaffar’s body was also taken to the Central Shaheed Minar yesterday where people of all strata and politicians paid rich tribute placing floral wreaths on his coffin.
Cabinet members and different political leaders and socio-cultural organisations paid glowing tributes to the veteran at that time.
- Bangladesh to diplomats
Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- General Aziz Ahmed - A Dedicated Golfer Army Chief
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Sayma rape-murder: Main accused arrested
- Nonstop train on Dhaka-Benapole route July 25
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Interpol issues red notice to ex colonel Shahid Uddin Khan
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- Renu lynched: Prime accused held
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status