Probe report submission in Mawlana Faruki murder case deferred
Published: 14:21 27 January 2021
Mawlana Nurul Islam Faruki
A court in Dhaka on Wednesday set March 4 to submit a probe report in a case lodged over the murder of Islamic scholar and TV personality Mawlana Nurul Islam Faruki.
Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Rajesh Chowdhury set the new date as investigation agency CID failed to submit the report today.
Faruki was brutally murdered at his 174, East Razabazar home in the capital on August 27, 2014. Six to seven youths stormed into the house after Esha prayers and confined three members of his family in a separate room, then took Faruki to another room and slaughtered him.
His son Faisal Faruki later filed the case with Sher-e-Bangla Nagar police station against eight to 10 accused.
- Anushka rape and murder: Court directs DNA test
- ACC files chargesheet against Casino Khalid
- HC orders Papul’s wife, daughter to surrender
- ‘Golden Monir’ on 18 days remand
- Case files against ex-mayor Sayeed Khokon, 7 others
- 7 judges with rank of District and Session Judge transferred
- Mother-son murdered in Kakrail: Husband among 3 to die
- Writ filed banning Bigo Live, TikTok, Likee apps
- Life imprisonment means jail until death: Appellate Division
- Verdict on sensational Samiul murder case today
- Drug case: Probe report against Irfan Selim deferred
- Hearing on Golden Monir`s bail plea today
- Arrest warrant issued against PK Haldar
- Hearing of case against Sabrina, Ariful adjourned till Dec 15
- HC asks for dual citizens, passport holders lists