Priya Saha to be interrogated after returning home: HM
Published: 14:23 20 July 2019 Updated: 14:06 23 July 2019
Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal on Saturday said that there was an ulterior motive behind Priya Saha’s false statements.
"There were a motive and reason behind such statements," said the Home Minister in response to a question of journalists at his home in Dhaka amid widespread discussion of Priya Saha's allegations in Washington.
He added, "What is her motive - it has become a matter of our investigation."
Priya Saha participated in the Second Ministerial to Advance Religious Freedom held at the US Department of State in Washington, DC on July 16-18. Delegates from 106 countries, including about 40 Foreign Ministers, attended the meeting at the invitation of Mike Pompeo, the US Secretary of State.
Priya Saha, one of the organising secretaries of Bangladesh Hindu Buddhist Christian Unity Council, was seen telling US President Donald Trump, among other things, that 37 million Hindu, Buddhist and Christian people have been disappeared from Bangladesh.
She also told Trump that her land has been grabbed by Muslim fundamentalists and sought his help so that Hindu, Buddhist and Christian people can live in Bangladesh.
Foreign Minister AK Abdul Momen, who also attended the meeting, said that the allegation made by Priya Saha is absolutely false.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in a statement, said Priya Saha made such false and fictitious allegations to tarnish the image of Bangladesh.
"Bangladesh is a beacon of religious freedom and communal harmony, where people of all faiths have been living in peace for ages," said the Ministry, strongly protesting all the blatant lies told by Priya Saha to Trump.
The government also condemned her remarks in the strongest possible terms.
Rana Dasgupta, President of the Bangladesh Hindu, Buddhist and Christian Unity Council, said Priya Saha's allegation to Trump at the White House was her own statement, not the organization's.
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Army chief installs dengue elimination drive in Dhaka Cant
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- US Bangla Cabin crew held with 10kg gold
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status
- Renu lynched: Prime accused held
- Sharmin reveals about Samrat’s Chinese girlfriend
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- BHBCUC suspends Priya Saha