Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina prayed like mother: Quader
Published: 20:03 15 May 2019 Updated: 20:52 15 May 2019
Road Transport and Bridges Minister and Awami League general secretary Obaidul Quader said that the Prime Minister prayed for me after read the Qur'an Sharif. As the mother keeps looking up of her child, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina did so for me. I am grateful to her.
On Wednesday afternoon, He said these returning home after long treatment of 2 months and 10days in Singapore.
Talking to reporters at the airport, Obaidul Quader said his debt burden to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has increased.
“She (Sheikh Hasina) is an affectionate mother …she’s really a mother of humanity. My debt burden to her has enhanced,” he said.
The AL general secretary also expressed gratitude to the people of the country and his party leaders and activists at all levels for praying for him.
A flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines carrying the Awami League leader landed at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport at 5:55pm, said Abu Naser, deputy principal information officer of Road Transport and Bridges Ministry.
AL joint general secretaries Mahbubul Alam Hanif, Jahangir Kabir Nanak and Abdur Rahman and other AL central leaders received Obaidul Quader on his return at the airport after 72 days.
Obaidul Qauder had been admitted to Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU) hospital initially on March 3 following breathing complications. Tests revealed three blockages in his coronary artery. He was then flown to Singapore the next day for treatment.
The minister underwent a bypass surgery on March 20.
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- Cyclone ‘Fani’ approaching Bay of Bengal
- Cyclone ‘Bayu’, ‘Hikka’ after ‘Fani’
- WB to cooperate with Bangladesh: Qimiao Fan
- Dhaka-Kolkata Ship service starts March 29
- Bangladesh, Indian Air Forces can work together: PM
- 16 burnt, 50 injured in Churihatta fire
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- Dhaka-Rajshahi nonstop train
‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
- Daily Bangladesh mourns death in Chawkbazar fire
- Quader not being taken Singapore today
- Biswa Ijtema begins tomorrow
- 1 killed as tree fall in capital, 7 injured
- Ekushey Book Fair extended by two days
- Nusrat murder: Last accused Kader arrested