Price of tobacco products increase in FY21
Published: 17:54 11 June 2020
The government has proposed another hike in the prices of tobacco products in the proposed budget to increase revenue collection and consider health protection.
Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal made the proposal in his budget speech on Thursday.
According to the proposal, the price of 10-sticks of low-level cigarettes has been increased from Tk 37 to Tk 39 and the supplementary duty has been increased from 55 percent to 57 percent.
The price of 10-stick packet of mid-level cigarettes has been increased to Tk 31 as before, the price of 10-stick packet of high-level cigarettes has been increased from Tk 93 to Tk 98, and the price of 10-stick packet of premium segment cigarettes has been increased from Tk 123 to Tk 128.
It has been proposed to keep the supplementary duty at these three segment cigarettes at 65 percent as before.
In the case of bidis, it has been proposed to increase the price of 25-stick without machine filters from Tk 14 to Tk 18, and the price of 12-stick from Tk 6.72 to Tk 9. It has been proposed to keep the supplementary duty at 30 percent as before.
It has been proposed to increase the price of 20-stick of filtered bidi from Tk 17 to Tk 19 and the price of 10-stick from Tk 8.5 to Tk 10. It is proposed to keep the supplementary duty at 40 percent.
Besides, it has been proposed to increase the price of 10 grams of jordas from Tk 30 to Tk 40 and supplementary duty from 50 to 55 percent and 10 grams of to be increased from Tk 15 to Tk 20 where the supplementary duty from 50 percent to 55 percent.
- WB approves $500m for Bangladesh road connectivity development
- Bourses maintain gaining streak
- Online shopping fraud on rise
- New monetary policy announced setting 14.8 percent debt growth
- Stocks rebound on both bourses
- BEZA approved setting up 10 more Economic Zones
- 20 pc discount on air ticket by bKash payment
- New gas connections in residentials to be pre-paid
- End of suffering for pension money
- DSE records lowest transaction in 13 yrs today
- Bangladesh to produce own brand motor vehicles: Humayun
- Broiler chicken prices fall Tk 10 per kg
- ‘BB giving Tk 4,000 Eid bonus in bKash’ a rumor
- BB to probe transactions, e-commerce activities of evaly
- WB approves $1.05 bn to address economic damages