President sought Dutch help for Delta Plan-2100 implementation
Published: 13:04 12 July 2019
President M Abdul Hamid sought Netherlands’s assistance for the implementation of Delta Plan-2100 of Bangladesh.
He asked for cooperation to Dutch Queen Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti when paid a courtesy call on President at Bangabhaban.
President’s Press Secretary Joynal Abedin told this information.
“Bangladesh wants to utilize the Dutch expertise and the special skills, especially in rivers for implementation of Delta Plan-2100,” said the President during the meeting.
Welcoming the Dutch Queen at the President’s official residence, M Abdul Hamid said that the relationship between Bangladesh and the Netherlands is very good now and he hopes this relationship will be strengthened in the future.
Mentioning that a large number of Rohingya people, who have fled from Myanmar, become a huge burden for Bangladesh, the President sought assistance from the whole international community including the Netherlands to ensure safe and dignified return of Myanmar citizens to their homeland.
During the last 10 years under the leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, the President highlighted various socio-economic development and empowerment of women.
Queen Maxima, who is also a UN Secretary-General’s Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development (UNSGSA), praised various activities of the current government including the government’s move to prevent child marriage.
She praised Bangladesh’s unique development in recent years for women empowerment and information and communication technology.
Dutch Queen Maxima came to Dhaka on a four-day official visit for inspection of various development activities in Bangladesh and to meet senior officials of the financial sector here
During the meeting, Netherlands Ambassador in Bangladesh Hendricks G. J. (Harry) and United Nations Resident Coordinator in Bangladesh Mia Seppo were present with Queen.
President's Secretary Sampad Barua, Military Secretary Major General SM Shamim-uz-Zaman and senior officials of Bangabhaban and Foreign Ministry were present.
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Army chief installs dengue elimination drive in Dhaka Cant
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- US Bangla Cabin crew held with 10kg gold
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status
- Renu lynched: Prime accused held
- Sharmin reveals about Samrat’s Chinese girlfriend
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- BHBCUC suspends Priya Saha