President reaches London
Published: 11:42 16 May 2019 Updated: 12:35 16 May 2019
President M Abdul Hamid
President M Abdul Hamid reached London, the British capital, for health checkup and treatment of eyes on Wednesday afternoon (local time).
A VVIP flight (BG-001) of Biman Bangladesh Airlines Limited carrying the President arrived at Heathrow International Airport, London at about 3:51 pm (London time) yesterday.
Bangladesh High Commissioner to the UK Saida Muna Tasneem received the President at the airport.
Ashequn Nabi Chowdhury, press minister of Bangladesh High Commission in London, confirmed the information.
Earlier, the national flag carrier aircraft carrying the President and his entourages members took off from Hazrat Shahjalal (R) International Airport at 9:35 am on Wednesday.
Abdul Hamid is scheduled to have his checkup at Moorfields Eye Hospital and Bupa Cromwell Hospital in London. The President will also have his medical check-up at Frankfurt in Germany before returning to Bangladesh.
The President is scheduled to return home on May 26, the press minister added.
- Bangladesh to diplomats
Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Cyclone ‘Bayu’, ‘Hikka’ after ‘Fani’
- Cyclone ‘Fani’ approaching Bay of Bengal
- Dhaka-Rajshahi nonstop train
‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
- Nusrat murder: Last accused Kader arrested
- Feni madrasa girl Nusrat dies
- Eid Jamaat timetable in Dhaka
- Cyclonic Storm “FANI” lies over Southeast Bay
- Nusrat murder: 2 including Moksud arrested
- Nusrat murder
Probe team of police going to Sonagazi
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Nusrat to be buried in family graveyard
- Zayan’s body arrives in Dhaka
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- PM directs stern action against Nusrat’s killers