President reaches London
Published: 11:42 16 May 2019 Updated: 12:35 16 May 2019
President M Abdul Hamid
President M Abdul Hamid reached London, the British capital, for health checkup and treatment of eyes on Wednesday afternoon (local time).
A VVIP flight (BG-001) of Biman Bangladesh Airlines Limited carrying the President arrived at Heathrow International Airport, London at about 3:51 pm (London time) yesterday.
Bangladesh High Commissioner to the UK Saida Muna Tasneem received the President at the airport.
Ashequn Nabi Chowdhury, press minister of Bangladesh High Commission in London, confirmed the information.
Earlier, the national flag carrier aircraft carrying the President and his entourages members took off from Hazrat Shahjalal (R) International Airport at 9:35 am on Wednesday.
Abdul Hamid is scheduled to have his checkup at Moorfields Eye Hospital and Bupa Cromwell Hospital in London. The President will also have his medical check-up at Frankfurt in Germany before returning to Bangladesh.
The President is scheduled to return home on May 26, the press minister added.
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- Cyclone ‘Fani’ approaching Bay of Bengal
- Cyclone ‘Bayu’, ‘Hikka’ after ‘Fani’
- WB to cooperate with Bangladesh: Qimiao Fan
- Dhaka-Kolkata Ship service starts March 29
- Bangladesh, Indian Air Forces can work together: PM
- 16 burnt, 50 injured in Churihatta fire
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- Dhaka-Rajshahi nonstop train
‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
- Daily Bangladesh mourns death in Chawkbazar fire
- Quader not being taken Singapore today
- Biswa Ijtema begins tomorrow
- 1 killed as tree fall in capital, 7 injured
- Ekushey Book Fair extended by two days
- Nusrat murder: Last accused Kader arrested