Preparations for AL’s next council underway: Quader
Published: 18:26 19 September 2019
Road Transport and Bridges Minister and Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader; File Photo
Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader said that the party started taking preparation for the next national council in December and 12 sub-committees have been formed for the upcoming council.
Confirming the matter on Wednesday, Obaidul Quader said this while briefing the media after a meeting of the party’s presidium members at party chief Sheikh Hasina's political office in the capital’s Dhanmondi area.
He said they had formed 12 proposed sub-committees ahead of the council and would be revealing details after getting clearance from the AL president.
The Road Transport and Bridges Minister also said that Awami League of the district, Upazila, municipality, union and ward units have been directed to complete their councils before December 10 next.
The party took the decision to hold the 21st National Council on December 20 and 21 at a meeting of the party’s central working committee at Gonobhaban.
The council will elect the party’s next leadership while it was decided to hold the council next month (October).
AL took the decision to hold the council as their leaders were busy with the Upazila election and Dengue awareness program.
The council will be inaugurated in Dhaka's historic Suhrawardy Udyan around 3:00 pm December 20 and its session will continue till December 21, Quader said.
The Awami League holds its council every three years following its charter. Hasina was re-elected president of the party for the eighth consecutive term in the last council held on Oct 23 in 2016. Quader replaced Syed Ashraful Islam as a general secretary at the time.
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- BNP foreigner complaint centric, not pro-people: Hasan
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- ‘Condolence Book’ in memory Ershad
- GK Shamim is none of Jubo League: Omar Farooq
- Wife blasts about Samrat
- ‘Samrat’ of Dhaka South arrested
- Rowshan thanks countrymen for showing respect to Ershad
- GM Quader JP Chair, LOP Rowshan
- Declare state of emergency to tackle dengue: Fakhrul
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- BNP’s anarchy will not be tolerated: Hasan
- AL delegation to visit China from Wednesday
- 25th anniv of AL’s volunteer front tomorrow
- GM Quader appointed JaPa chairman