Premium Sweets owner among 3 killed in Canada road crash
Published: 11:08 15 May 2021
Moniruzzaman Bijjoy, Photo: Collected
Three Bangladeshis, including the owner of the country’s top sweet shop brand Premium Sweets, have been killed in a road accident in Canada.
The accident took place on Thursday afternoon local time when the three were going to Toronto from the capital Ottawa. They died on the spot.
The deceased were identified as Moniruzzaman Bijjoy, owner of Premium Suites, his mother-in-law and Liaquat Hossain, one of the artisans of Premium Sweets.
Moniruzzaman Bijjoy is the owner of famous Premium Sweets in Bangladesh and Canada and the younger brother of HM Iqbal, President of Bangladesh Business Chamber of Canada.
Their deaths have cast a shadow of mourning over the Bangladeshi community in Canada.
- Premium Sweets owner among 3 killed in Canada road crash
- Bangladeshi girl sexually assaulted in India: 6 detained
- DNCC’s ‘Digital Cattle Hat’ being launched
- Girl’s hanging body found; Case filed against top industrialist
- Ongoing lockdown extended till May 16
- Father hacked to death in front of child: Mastermind among 2 held
- Lockdown may relax before Eid: Quader
- PM inaugurates Army Headquarters Selection Board-2021
- Female doctor found dead in capital
- 3 dead, about 30 injured in Moghbazar blast
- Country’s first subway
Only 24min to take for Airport-Kamalpur
- Rain likely to continue for 3 days
- Lieutenant General SM Shafiuddin Ahmed made new army chief
- Chronology of national budget of Bangladesh
- Shutdown: New system like ‘curfew’ to curb pandemic