Police raided at spa center in Gulshan, 28 arrested
Published: 01:26 21 September 2020 Updated: 01:32 21 September 2020
A total of 28 people, including sixteen men and twelve women, have been arrested in a raid at the ‘Apple Thai Spa Center’ in the capital’s Gulshan area on Sunday night.
They were arrested in a raid on a house at road 105, Gulshan-2, said Sudip Kumar Chakraborty, Deputy Commissioner of Gulshan Division of Police.
He said that women of different ages from different parts of the country gathered at the spa center and being involved with prostitution.
Gulshan police said they raided the spa center at 8:30 pm. The expedition found evidence that the Spa center was used for anti-social purposes. At that time sixteen men and twelve women were arrested.
Gulshan Police Station SI Mohammad Oliyar Rahman has filed a case against them under the Prevention and Suppression of Human Trafficking Act.
- Maulana Golam Sarwar Saide dies
- Dr. Zohra Begum Kazi’s 108th birth anniv today
- Killing schoolgirl after rape: CID collects evidence
- Anushka at Dihan`s house: Which was seen in CCTV footage
- Dewanbagi Pir Syed Mahbub-e-Khoda dies
- Army officer adorned ‘Colonel’ rank while in coma for 7 years
- Shaheed Dr Milon Day on Friday
- Legal action will be taken against fake news portals: Hasan
- Two-day weekly holidays in schools, colleges
- Work of Mongla port’s new channel completed before schedule time
- Cold wave may continue till tomorrow morning
- 7hrs raid at Haji Selim’s residence, what recovered…
- Working to build a vibrant blue economy: PM
- Beigun’s remarks over Rohingya issue is inappropriate: China
- Irfan Selim sentenced to one-year imprisonment