Poland sends military aid to Ukraine as first country
Published: 11:53 26 February 2022 Updated: 12:18 26 February 2022
- Zelensky accepts Putin`s proposal
- Russia ready for talks with Ukraine: Kremlin
- Ukraine says 1,000 Russian troops killed in battle
- 450 Russian troops killed in Ukraine military drive: Ben Wallace
- Emergency hotline launched for Bangladeshis stranded in Ukraine
- 137 Ukrainian soldiers killed in Russian attack: Zelenskyy
- Putin announces military operation in Ukraine’s Donbas
Poland is the first country to send military aid to Ukraine since the Russian invasion in the country.
According to CNN, Poland’s Defense Minister Mariusz Błaszczak said the country had sent a “convoy of ammunition” to Ukraine.
“The ammunition has already reached our neighbors,” Mariusz Błaszczak said. “We stand by the Ukrainians and express solidarity against the Russian invasion.”
However, exactly how much ammunition was sent to Ukraine as aid is not known. But Poland is not just providing military assistance, the country has opened its borders for refugees from Ukraine. Both countries were once part of the Soviet Union. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy welcomed Poland’s move.
Meanwhile, Ukraine’s armed forces and regional defense forces are battling Russian forces over the occupation of the Ukrainian capital, Kyiv.
- Israel hits Gaza with air attacks as tensions escalate
- Albania suffers renewed cyber attack, blames Iran
- Queen Elizabeth`s doctors "concerned" over health
- Queen Elizabeth lying in state in Westminster Hall
- 3 killed in lightning strike near White House
- Draupadi Murmu sworn in as India’s President
- China to conduct military operations in Taiwan at any time!
- Bus plunges into river valley in Kenya, kills 24
- Rohingyas will be resettled in US: Blinken
- 9 killed in jeep-car collision near Bengaluru
- Biden again tests positive for Covid, returns to isolation
- Japan police chief to resign over Abe shooting
- Biden announces $3 billion in additional aid to Ukraine
- 3 killed, 6 wounded in China kindergarten stabbing: police
- 8 killed in Kabul blast, IS claims responsibility