Pfizer vaccine rolls out at Dhaka’s three centers
Published: 15:19 21 June 2021 Updated: 18:08 21 June 2021
Bangladesh started administering the Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine at three centers in Dhaka on Monday.
The three centers are - Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU), Sheikh Russel Gastro-liver Institute and Kurmitola General Hospital.
Faruk Ahmed, director of Sheikh Russel Gastro-liver Institute, inaugurated the vaccination drive around 10:00 am.
Besides, Vice-Chancellor of BSMMU Prof Dr Sharfuddin Ahmed and Director of Kurmitola General Hospital Brig Gen Jamil Ahmed inaugurated the vaccination campaign at their respective institutions in the morning.
In each of these centres, 120 people will be vaccinated every day from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Those who have been infected with Covid-19 and took ‘blood plasma’ and ‘monoclonal antibody’ treatment should not take the Covid-19 vaccine.
People who have taken the shot have been asked to remain alert and see any kind of allergic reaction. If anyone develops any side-effects after getting the shot he/she should be get panicked as fever, inching, fatigue and pain are normal side-effects.
Earlier on May 27, the government approved the emergency use of Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine in the country.
Bangladesh on Saturday started administering Sinopharm vaccine doses across the country.
- Premium Sweets owner among 3 killed in Canada road crash
- Bangladeshi girl sexually assaulted in India: 6 detained
- DNCC’s ‘Digital Cattle Hat’ being launched
- Girl’s hanging body found; Case filed against top industrialist
- Ongoing lockdown extended till May 16
- Father hacked to death in front of child: Mastermind among 2 held
- Lockdown may relax before Eid: Quader
- PM inaugurates Army Headquarters Selection Board-2021
- Female doctor found dead in capital
- 3 dead, about 30 injured in Moghbazar blast
- Country’s first subway
Only 24min to take for Airport-Kamalpur
- Rain likely to continue for 3 days
- Lieutenant General SM Shafiuddin Ahmed made new army chief
- Chronology of national budget of Bangladesh
- Shutdown: New system like ‘curfew’ to curb pandemic