Peasants to be sent to Vietnam for improved training
Published: 16:25 11 September 2019
Agriculture Minister Dr. Md. Abdur Razzak says, "We are working to increase coffee production." We will send a small number of farmers to Vietnam for hands-on experience. Besides, the coffee will be cultivated in the country bringing advanced varieties of coffee from Vietnam.
The minister said this when he met Rick Herb, managing director of the US-based North End Private Limited, at the secretariat on Wednesday.
He said that the government is giving importance to unprivileged profitable agriculture in the vicinity of paddy based agriculture. We want to export agricultural products for earning foreign currencies and generation employment.
He added that farmers are being encouraged to cultivate more high-value crops, including coffee, almonds, and avocados.
At that time, Rick Herb said, "I started cultivating coffee with 500 coffee plants by the farmers in Ruma Upazila of Bandarban in 2011." At present, our total number of trees, including the Sajek valleys, is 150,000. For the past two years, we have been marketing and exporting coffee all over Bangladesh. We think Bangladesh Produces world-class coffee.
Reducing the duty fee on coffee export would be good for this business, he added.
In view of this, the minister said that the government is incentivizing agricultural products. In that case, coffee will also be covered.
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- General Aziz Ahmed - A Dedicated Golfer Army Chief
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Nonstop train on Dhaka-Benapole route July 25
- Sayma rape-murder: Main accused arrested
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- Interpol issues red notice to ex colonel Shahid Uddin Khan
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status
- Renu lynched: Prime accused held
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge