Pathao co-founder Fahim’s death sparked international media
Published: 16:52 15 July 2020
Police recovered Fahim Saleh’s decapitated and dismembered body on Tuesday
The murder of Fahim Saleh, co-founder of ride-sharing venture Pathao and a Bangladeshi origin US technology entrepreneur, has been widely reported in the local media as well as in the international media.
Police recovered his decapitated and dismembered body from his apartment in Manhattan, New York, around 3:30 pm local time on Tuesday.
Citing New York police, local media Daily News reported that unable to find Fahim, his sister called the helpline 911. On information, the police went to his Manhattan apartment and found his mutilated body. An electric saw was also found lying next to the remains.
“We’ve found a mutilated body,” said Sergeant Carlos Nives, a New York police spokesman, adding that head, two arms, two legs - all were separated from the body. But everything was lying on the spot. The motive behind the murder could not be known immediately.
Another US media outlet, the New York Times, also reported the untimely death of the young entrepreneur Fahim has been called tragic.
Fahim’s death has been widely reported in the Nigerian media. Pulse-Nigeria, one of the country’s top media outlets, marked as the end of a very promising chapter in the death of Gokada CEO Fahim.
Born in 1986, Fahim studied information systems at Bentley University in the United States. He used to live in Manhattan, New York. Fahim also owned two more ride-sharing app companies in Nigeria and Colombia.
- US Presidential Polls
Biden ahead in electoral votes at 238, Trump at 210: US media
- Biden vows to lift ‘Muslim Ban’ issued by Trump
- US Presidential election
Trump plays golf when Biden declared winner
- Militants behead over 50 people in football pitch
- Erdogan’s cartoon on French magazine, Turkey for legal action
- Trump pardons ex-National Security Adviser Flynn
- Twin blasts kill 14 in Afghanistan’s Bamyan
- 476,000 newborns die in 2019 due to air pollution: Study
- Trump rallies led to 30,000 Covid-19 infections, 700 deaths
- I might leave US if I lose to Joe Biden: Trump
- US election: Taliban endorse Trump
- ‘Boycott French products’ launched over Macron’s Islam comments
- Biden pledges ‘not to divide but to unify’ as president
- Police officer killed by fighting rooster
- Argentina passes tax on wealthy to pay for virus measures