Pathao co-founder Fahim’s death sparked international media
Published: 16:52 15 July 2020
Police recovered Fahim Saleh’s decapitated and dismembered body on Tuesday
The murder of Fahim Saleh, co-founder of ride-sharing venture Pathao and a Bangladeshi origin US technology entrepreneur, has been widely reported in the local media as well as in the international media.
Police recovered his decapitated and dismembered body from his apartment in Manhattan, New York, around 3:30 pm local time on Tuesday.
Citing New York police, local media Daily News reported that unable to find Fahim, his sister called the helpline 911. On information, the police went to his Manhattan apartment and found his mutilated body. An electric saw was also found lying next to the remains.
“We’ve found a mutilated body,” said Sergeant Carlos Nives, a New York police spokesman, adding that head, two arms, two legs - all were separated from the body. But everything was lying on the spot. The motive behind the murder could not be known immediately.
Another US media outlet, the New York Times, also reported the untimely death of the young entrepreneur Fahim has been called tragic.
Fahim’s death has been widely reported in the Nigerian media. Pulse-Nigeria, one of the country’s top media outlets, marked as the end of a very promising chapter in the death of Gokada CEO Fahim.
Born in 1986, Fahim studied information systems at Bentley University in the United States. He used to live in Manhattan, New York. Fahim also owned two more ride-sharing app companies in Nigeria and Colombia.
Kim Jong Un dies!
- Killing of 26 Bangladeshis: Main culprit killed in drone strike
- Leaked call, Obama slams Trump as ‘chaotic’ over COVID-19 issue
- ‘Mystery’ woman with Pathao’s co-founder Fahim’s killer Haspil!
- Train services in India resume tomorrow
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- Oxford`s study shows Hydroxychloroquine is ineffective
- Trump says evidence ties China lab to virus
- Kim Jong-un is `alive and well`: South Korea
- Arctic oil spill prompts Russia`s Putin to declare emergency
- UK records second youngest death in COVID-19
- Trump threatens Saudi to cut oil supply
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Chinese soldiers use `strange` weapons to kill Indian soldiers
- Long queue for relief in wealthy Switzerland