Padma Bridge’s toll yet to be decided: Quader
Published: 14:25 11 September 2019 Updated: 17:54 11 September 2019
Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader briefed reporters at Secretariat
Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader said that the toll on Padma Bridge has not yet been decided.
He said this in response to a question from reporters at the Secretariat on Wednesday.
The minister said, “Construction of the bridge is in progress. But how can I say in advance before the toll is determined? No decision has been made regarding the toll.”
Responding to another question from reporters the imposition of a toll on the highway, he said all passenger vehicles have to pay toll. “All countries of the world have to pay toll on-road usage.”
A rule is to decide how much toll is charged on highways and how much for vehicles — the issue is being brought into a system. Ministry of Road Transport and Bridge is working on the issue, said Obaidul Quader.
Stating that toll will be set up for some highways, he said that tolls are being considered in the national highways, which have 4, 6 and 8 lane roads or roads that will be built or renovated.
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- General Aziz Ahmed - A Dedicated Golfer Army Chief
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Sayma rape-murder: Main accused arrested
- Nonstop train on Dhaka-Benapole route July 25
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- Interpol issues red notice to ex colonel Shahid Uddin Khan
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status
- Renu lynched: Prime accused held
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge