PM to receive two more int’l awards
Published: 23:41 19 September 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
The Prime Minister will receive two international awards during the session of the UN General Assembly for Bangladesh’s huge success in vaccination and youth skills development.
On Wednesday, Foreign Minister Dr. AK Abdul Momen told this at a press conference at Secretariat regarding the Prime Minister’s participation in the 74th session of the UN General Assembly on September 24-29.
Momen said that the Global Alliance for Vaccination and Immunization (GAVI) has expressed interest in awarding Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina as ‘vaccine hero’ in recognition of Bangladesh’s outstanding achievement in vaccination.
UNICEF would also honor the Prime Minister with the award of ‘Champion of Skill Development for Youth’ during the session of the UN General Assembly, he also said.
The foreign minister said a program titled ‘An Evening To Honor Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’ will be organized for the award.
The Prime Minister will address the UNGA’s 74th Annual General Debate on September 27 on behalf of Bangladesh.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Monday received the ‘Dr. Kalam Smriti International Excellence Awards 2019’. At a ceremony in the Prime Minister’s office, TP Srinibashon, chief adviser of Dr. Kalam Smriti International and Deena Das, chairman of the organization handed over the award to Prime Minister on behalf of Dr. Kalam Smriti International Advisory Committee.
The award was presented by the Tamil Nadu government to honor the memory of APJ Abdul Kalam, the eleventh president of India and a prominent scientist of Tamil Nadu.
The recognition was given to Sheikh Hasina for her outstanding contribution to the establishment of historical relations between Bangladesh and India, for her contribution to the welfare of the people, especially for the welfare of women and children, and for international peace and cooperation.
- Cyclone “Bulbul”
Great danger signal 10 for Mongla, Payra ports
- Asian Rising & Promising Star Arik Morshed
- ‘Kurigram Express’ to be launched today
- Bengali calendar changes
- Dr Arif, the top young scientists in Japan
- DU student rape: Books, inhalers recovered
- Mohammed Rezwan, floating school innovator named as ‘Earth Hero’
- ‘Construction work of Bangabandhu Railway Bridge from 2020’
- Cyclone Bulbul: sea ports asked to hoist signal 7
- Myanmar falsified Bangladesh FM’s speech
- Dhaka ranks 7th worst in Air Quality Index
- 5 children killed in Mirpur gas cylinder blast
- Physician couple in Dr Baker’s place, serving poor people
- “Bulbul" likely to cross Khulna this evening
- Fire breaks out at Rajdhani Super Market