PM to pay homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara tomorrow
Published: 17:59 14 August 2019 Updated: 18:59 14 August 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will visit Tungipara in Gopalganj tomorrow to pay rich tribute to Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman on the occasion of 44th martyrdom anniversary and the National Mourning Day and join other programmes there.
According to the Prime Minister’s Office sources, the premier will leave Dhaka for Tungipara, the ancestral home of Bangabandhu, by an Air Force helicopter in the morning.
The prime minister will fly to Tungipara after placing wreath at the portrait of Bangabandhu at Dhanmondi 32 in Dhaka as part of the national programmes marking the National Mourning Day.
Sheikh Hasina will also go to city’s Banani graveyard and spread flower petals on the graves of the martyrs of the August 15 carnage as well as offer Fateha and join a munajat there.
After arrival at Tungipara Upazila Complex Helipad, Sheikh Hasina will straight go to mazar (shrine) of Bangabandhu and will place wreaths.
After laying the wreaths, the prime minister will offer Fateha and join a munajat seeking eternal peace of the departed souls of Bangabandhu and other martyrs of the August 15 massacre.
Earlier, a smartly turned out contingent to be drawn from the three services will give a guard of honour on the occasion, while bugle will play the last post.
The prime minister along with cabinet members, party leaders and workers will also join a milad and doa mahfil on the mazar premises to be organised by the cabinet division and Gopalganj district administration.
After attending the National Mourning Day programmes in Tungipara, Sheikh Hasina will return to Dhaka in the afternoon.
- Bangladesh to diplomats
Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Eid Jamaat timetable in Dhaka
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- General Aziz Ahmed - A Dedicated Golfer Army Chief
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Sayma rape-murder: Main accused arrested
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Subcontinent’s biggest Eid Jamaat observed in Dinajpur
- Interpol issues red notice to ex colonel Shahid Uddin Khan
- Adventurous operation BEKPA-2 (Episode-1) under Captain Touquir
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)