PM shows me motherly affection: Quader
Published: 22:20 15 May 2019
Awami League (AL) General Secretary and Road, Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader today said Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina showed him motherly affection.
“With the blessings of almighty Allah and wishes of all the AL leaders and activists and the country’s people, I returned home with full recovery of my health,” Quader told reporters at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport VVIP Lounge Dhaka on his return from Singapore.
The AL general secretary returned home by a Biman Bangladesh Airlines flight in the afternoon after taking treatment for two months and 11 days in Singapore.
He said Prime Minister and AL President Sheikh Hasina showed him motherly affection and she did everything what a mother should do for her child.
“I have no word to express my gratitude to the Prime Minister. I am grateful to her,” he said.
Earlier on March 3, Quader was admitted to Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU) hospital after suffering breathing complications.
Tests revealed three blockages in his coronary artery and later he was flown to Singapore for better treatment under the supervision of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
He underwent a bypass surgery in Singapore Mount Elizabeth Hospital on March 20 last.
- JnU BCL committee dissolved
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- AL to observe historic 7th March
- Bogura AL President Momtaz Uddin dies
- Barrister Razzaq resigns from Jamaat
- DNCC by-polls
5 mayor aspirants get symbols
- ‘None can lead country from controversial position’
- AL reveals 2nd phase UZ polls candidates name
- AL candidates in 3rd phase of UZ polls announced
- BNP chalks out 2-day programme to mark Feb 21
- Syeda Zakia elected MP unopposed
- GM Quader reinstated as JP Co-chair
- Gono Forum to JS
Mansur, Mokabbir`s oath by Mar 15
- Ershad on 4-day visit to Rangpur