PM shows me motherly affection: Quader
Published: 22:20 15 May 2019
Awami League (AL) General Secretary and Road, Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader today said Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina showed him motherly affection.
“With the blessings of almighty Allah and wishes of all the AL leaders and activists and the country’s people, I returned home with full recovery of my health,” Quader told reporters at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport VVIP Lounge Dhaka on his return from Singapore.
The AL general secretary returned home by a Biman Bangladesh Airlines flight in the afternoon after taking treatment for two months and 11 days in Singapore.
He said Prime Minister and AL President Sheikh Hasina showed him motherly affection and she did everything what a mother should do for her child.
“I have no word to express my gratitude to the Prime Minister. I am grateful to her,” he said.
Earlier on March 3, Quader was admitted to Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU) hospital after suffering breathing complications.
Tests revealed three blockages in his coronary artery and later he was flown to Singapore for better treatment under the supervision of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
He underwent a bypass surgery in Singapore Mount Elizabeth Hospital on March 20 last.
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- BCL announced full-fledged committee
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Miscreants kill Bogura BNP leader
- Obaidul Quader almost cured
- Ershad condemns blasts in Sri Lanka
- Ershad`s son Eric receives kidnap threat
- 4 BNP MPs-elect in Parliament for oath
- BNP tried to distort history: Hanif
- Jamaat has no right of politics: Hanif
- JP’s chairmanship will be at Rangpur: GM Quader
- Country’s 99 pc workers deprived of rights: GM Quader
- Hasina calls for strengthening Awami League at grassroots
- Quader for salary, bonus before 25th Ramadan
- Four BNP MPs-elect take oath