PM receives Covid-19 vaccine shot
Published: 17:59 4 March 2021 Updated: 19:23 4 March 2021
PM receives Covid-19 vaccine shot; Photo: Collected
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina received the first shot of the coronavirus vaccine at her official residence Ganabhaban on Thursday afternoon.
MM Imrul Kayes, Assistant Press Secretary to the Prime Minister, confirmed the matter and said that the Prime Minister took the jab this afternoon.
Earlier, Sheikh Rehana, the youngest daughter of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and younger sister of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina received the first dose of Covid-19 vaccine on February 24.
Inoculation against coronavirus has started simultaneously across the country from February 7. People are being vaccinated at 1,005 centers every working day from 8 am to 2.30 pm.
The government has brought 70 lakh dodges of vaccines in the first phase. Of this, India gifted Bangladesh 20 lakh doses of the Oxford University and AstraZeneca developed vaccine. Bangladesh also received another 20 lakh doses of vaccines in the second consignment.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the virtual immunization program from Ganabhaban on January 27.
- Covid-19 vaccination: 50 centers in capital
- Anushka at Dihan`s house: Which was seen in CCTV footage
- Killing schoolgirl after rape: CID collects evidence
- ‘Surokkha’ app within Feb 4: DG of DGHS
- ULAB student death: Friend ‘DJ Neha’s obscenity with ‘Client-1,2’
- Circular with 11 directives on seven-day lockdown
- 2nd phase of municipal polls
Voting in 60 municipalities ends, counting underway
- Fire after AC explosion at Gulshan’s UAE Visa Center, kills 1
- DMP instructions on occasion of Bangabandhu Marathon
- Bir Freedom Fighters’ draft list published
- Seminar on MHM of adolescent girls with disabilities
- PK Halder’s ‘girlfriend’ Abantika arrested
- Ex Bangladesh Bank deputy governor Ibrahim Khaled dies
- Awami League MP Aslam dies
- 21 named for Ekushey Padak 2021