PM orders to quick repair of shaky bridges
Published: 14:52 25 June 2019 Updated: 15:22 25 June 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has ordered for quick repair of shaky and old bridges. She directed this to the Ministry of Railways and Roads and Highways Department.
The direction came up on Tuesday morning in Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (Ecnec) meeting at NEC conference room capital’s Sher-e-Bangla Nagar.
Planning Minister MA Manna briefed reporters after the meeting.
On Sunday (June 23), a train accident occurred in Moulvibazar. Four people were killed and more than a hundred passengers were injured in the accident.
Regarding Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s speech in the Ecnec meeting, the Planning Minister said, “The incident of rail accident was highlighted in the Ecnec meeting. She urged the Railway Minister for quick repair of rail routes and bridges.”
“Many telephones were coming to him, In the meantime, the rail communication has started yesterday (Monday) evening,” he also said.
Highlighting the instructions of the Premier, MA Manna said, “The Prime Minister said- survey about all bridges and start work immediately. Take action quickly about the repairment of shaky and old bridges. Repair those before the rainy season.”
The minister said these message of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is very important.
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Army chief installs dengue elimination drive in Dhaka Cant
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status
- Renu lynched: Prime accused held
- US Bangla Cabin crew held with 10kg gold
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- BHBCUC suspends Priya Saha