PM orders to quick repair of shaky bridges
Published: 14:52 25 June 2019 Updated: 15:22 25 June 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has ordered for quick repair of shaky and old bridges. She directed this to the Ministry of Railways and Roads and Highways Department.
The direction came up on Tuesday morning in Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (Ecnec) meeting at NEC conference room capital’s Sher-e-Bangla Nagar.
Planning Minister MA Manna briefed reporters after the meeting.
On Sunday (June 23), a train accident occurred in Moulvibazar. Four people were killed and more than a hundred passengers were injured in the accident.
Regarding Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s speech in the Ecnec meeting, the Planning Minister said, “The incident of rail accident was highlighted in the Ecnec meeting. She urged the Railway Minister for quick repair of rail routes and bridges.”
“Many telephones were coming to him, In the meantime, the rail communication has started yesterday (Monday) evening,” he also said.
Highlighting the instructions of the Premier, MA Manna said, “The Prime Minister said- survey about all bridges and start work immediately. Take action quickly about the repairment of shaky and old bridges. Repair those before the rainy season.”
The minister said these message of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is very important.
- Bangladesh to diplomats
Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Cyclone ‘Bayu’, ‘Hikka’ after ‘Fani’
- Cyclone ‘Fani’ approaching Bay of Bengal
- Dhaka-Rajshahi nonstop train
‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
- Nusrat murder: Last accused Kader arrested
- Feni madrasa girl Nusrat dies
- Eid Jamaat timetable in Dhaka
- Cyclonic Storm “FANI” lies over Southeast Bay
- Nusrat murder: 2 including Moksud arrested
- Nusrat murder
Probe team of police going to Sonagazi
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Nusrat to be buried in family graveyard
- Zayan’s body arrives in Dhaka
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- PM directs stern action against Nusrat’s killers