PM mourns death of Journalist Hasan Shahriar
Published: 16:55 10 April 2021 Updated: 20:51 10 April 2021
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and Journalist Hasan Shahriar; File Photo
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today expressed deep shock and sorrow at the death of former President of National Press Club and veteran journalist Hasan Shahriar.
In a condolence message, Sheikh Hasina said Hasan Shahriar’s role in the country’s journalism will be remembered.
The Prime Minister prayed for eternal peace of the departed soul and conveyed deep sympathy to the bereaved family.
Hasan Shahriar, former president of the National Press Club, has died from coronavirus (Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Raji’un).
He breathed his last at 12:00 pm on Saturday while undergoing treatment at the coronavirus unit of Impulse Hospital in the capital.
The current president of the National Press Club Farida Yasmin has confirmed the information to the media.
Hasan Shahriar fell seriously ill on April 8 at around 1:30 am and was rushed to Impulse Hospital in the capital. He had been suffering from various diseases including lung infections for a long time.
Besides being the executive editor of Ittefaq, he was also the Bangladesh Correspondent in various newspapers including News Week, Arab News and Deccan Herald, and served as International President of the Commonwealth Journalists Association (CJA). He was the president of the National Press Club in 1993-94.
- Premium Sweets owner among 3 killed in Canada road crash
- Bangladeshi girl sexually assaulted in India: 6 detained
- DNCC’s ‘Digital Cattle Hat’ being launched
- Girl’s hanging body found; Case filed against top industrialist
- Ongoing lockdown extended till May 16
- Father hacked to death in front of child: Mastermind among 2 held
- Lockdown may relax before Eid: Quader
- PM inaugurates Army Headquarters Selection Board-2021
- Female doctor found dead in capital
- 3 dead, about 30 injured in Moghbazar blast
- Country’s first subway
Only 24min to take for Airport-Kamalpur
- Rain likely to continue for 3 days
- Lieutenant General SM Shafiuddin Ahmed made new army chief
- Chronology of national budget of Bangladesh
- Shutdown: New system like ‘curfew’ to curb pandemic