PM gives Tk 10 lakh to ATM Shamsuzzaman
Published: 11:56 13 May 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina provided financial assistance of Tk 10 lakh to veteran actor ATM Shamsuzzaman for treatment.
Prime Ministers' special assistant barrister Biplob Barua, on her behalf, handed over the cheque to the popular actor’s daughter Koyel at Azgar Ali Hospital in Old Dhaka on Monday morning.
Dhaka Medical College and Hospital's National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery Chief Coordinator Samanta Lal Sen, singer Rafiqul Islam and many others were present at that time.
Earlier on April 26, Shamsuzzaman was hospitalised after suffering from indigestion and underwent a gallbladder surgery a day later. On the same day, he was put on life support after his condition deteriorated.
On May 11, five days after he was able to say something and responded to the call of people. Koyel told reporters that her father is now better than before.
ATM Shamsuzzaman was awarded the Ekushey Padak in 2015 and won Bangladesh National Film Awards five times.
- Sanai’s wedding tunes with ex-Minister
- Puja Cherry gets GPA 4.33
- Mithila-Pritam on wedding vibes in ‘Oboseshe Valobashe’!
- Shakib-Faria’s ‘Roshik Amar’ released
- Ariana Grande`s `NASA` Song over Moon
- 7th death anniversary of Legend Humayun Faridi
- Porimoni engaged to Tamim Hasan
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- ‘Joy Bangla Concert’ on Mar 7
- Special screening of `Fagun Haway` in Bangabhaban
- Actress Toma commits suicide
- Ferdous, Purnima injured in `Gangchil` shooting
- Huawei’s brand ambassador Oishee
- Srabanti in Dhaka for ‘Jodi Ekdin’
- TV channel owner Mosharraf Karim!