PM gives Tk 10 lakh to ATM Shamsuzzaman
Published: 11:56 13 May 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina provided financial assistance of Tk 10 lakh to veteran actor ATM Shamsuzzaman for treatment.
Prime Ministers' special assistant barrister Biplob Barua, on her behalf, handed over the cheque to the popular actor’s daughter Koyel at Azgar Ali Hospital in Old Dhaka on Monday morning.
Dhaka Medical College and Hospital's National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery Chief Coordinator Samanta Lal Sen, singer Rafiqul Islam and many others were present at that time.
Earlier on April 26, Shamsuzzaman was hospitalised after suffering from indigestion and underwent a gallbladder surgery a day later. On the same day, he was put on life support after his condition deteriorated.
On May 11, five days after he was able to say something and responded to the call of people. Koyel told reporters that her father is now better than before.
ATM Shamsuzzaman was awarded the Ekushey Padak in 2015 and won Bangladesh National Film Awards five times.
- Puja Cherry gets GPA 4.33
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Actress Toma commits suicide
- Shomi Kaiser faces criticism for her behavior
- Vicky Kaushal injured during film shoot
- Google doodle celebrates birthday of Rosy Afsari
- Meril-Prothom Alo Puroshkar 2018
Best actor Afran Nisho, actress Mehazabien
- Shokh says ‘Goodbye’!
- Actor Saleh Ahmed dies at 83
- Renowned director Hasibul Islam passes away
- Veteran comedian Anis dies
- Subir Nandi on life support
- New identity of Porimoni
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- Tanjin Tisha as sex worker in ‘Nayantara’