PM for utmost priority to customers’ interest
National Insurance Day- 2021
Published: 17:50 1 March 2021
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today addressed the opening ceremony of National Insurance Day- 2021 at Bangabandhu International Conference Centre (BICC), joining virtually from her official residence Ganabhaban- PID.
Laying emphasis on massive publicity to motivate people to expand insurance coverage in the country, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today urged the insurance companies to provide services giving the customers’ interest utmost priority.
“Insurance is a service-oriented profession. Both the government and non-government insurance companies have to work with the regulatory authority in the combine to make it popular and bring the services at people’s doorstep, alongside giving the customer’s interest the highest priority,” she said.
The premier was addressing the opening ceremony of National Insurance Day- 2021 at Bangabandhu International Conference Centre (BICC), joining virtually from her official residence Ganabhaban.
She asked the insurance companies to make the people aware of insurance that they will get facilities in their bad times through opening insurance policies.
“You [companies] have to conduct more mass campaigns so they (people) become inspired about insurance,” she added.
National Insurance Day-2021 is being observed today in the country in a befitting manner with the theme of “Mujib Borsher Ongikar, Bima Hok Sobar”.
The great architect of independence, Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman joined Alpha Insurance Company on March 1, 1960 taking insurance as a profession.
To commemorate this day, the government observes National Insurance Day on March 1 every year.
On this day, four eminent personalities were given special honors for their significant contribution to the insurance sector.
On behalf of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal handed over the crest of honors to the recipients and distributed Bangabandhu Education Insurance to four students.
A total of 50,000 students are being given this Bangabandhu Education Insurance.
Senior Secretary of Financial Institutions Division Md. Ashadul Islam delivered a welcome address at the function with Mustafa Kamal in the chair.
Bangladesh Insurance Association President Sheikh Kabir Hossain also spoke on the occasion.
At the function, a documentary on the insurance sector was screened.
- Covid-19 vaccination: 50 centers in capital
- Anushka at Dihan`s house: Which was seen in CCTV footage
- Killing schoolgirl after rape: CID collects evidence
- ‘Surokkha’ app within Feb 4: DG of DGHS
- ULAB student death: Friend ‘DJ Neha’s obscenity with ‘Client-1,2’
- Globe Biotech allowed to produce ‘Bangavax’ vaccine for trial
- Circular with 11 directives on seven-day lockdown
- 2nd phase of municipal polls
Voting in 60 municipalities ends, counting underway
- Fire after AC explosion at Gulshan’s UAE Visa Center, kills 1
- DMP instructions on occasion of Bangabandhu Marathon
- Temperature may remain nearly unchanged
- Bir Freedom Fighters’ draft list published
- Seminar on MHM of adolescent girls with disabilities
- PK Halder’s ‘girlfriend’ Abantika arrested
- Ex Bangladesh Bank deputy governor Ibrahim Khaled dies