PBI found sensational information over Nusrat killing
Published: 22:46 12 April 2019 Updated: 10:01 13 April 2019
PBI is looking for suspect Shahadat Hossain Shamim, Hafiz Abdul Kader, who is suspected of the murder of Feni Madrasa student Nusrat. Apart from PBI, other laws enforcing agencies have been searching over the country including capital to arrest them.
After interrogating arrestee Muksud PBI detectives received the sensational information about the death of the madrassa student Nusrat. He said madrasa students Hafez Abdul Kader and Shahadat are engaged in the planned fire on Nusrat.
He said that two accused in the murder case of Nusrat, Sonagazi municipal Awami League acting general secretary and municipal councillor Maksud Alam were absconding since the incident. Police search them in different places but they were hidden in Dhaka.
On Thursday night, the councillor Maksud Alam was arrested from a residential hotel in the capital's Fakira Pool at around 10:30 pm. He was brought directly to Feni after the arrest. After being interrogated him Javed the associate of Maksud was arrested from Chittagong city.
He was brought Feni from Chittagong directly. After interrogating both of them, on Friday morning, police arrested another associate Nuruddin from Mymensingh's Bhaluka. Another team of the PBI with him now on the way to Feni.
Nuruddin led a movement to demand the release of principal Siraj-Ud-Daula, main accused of Nusrat Jahan Rafi's murder.
Mymensingh Superintendent of Police Shah Abid Hossain said that a special team of Police Bureau of Investigation (PBI) arrested Nur Uddin from Bhaluka at around 11:30 pm. The Bhaluka Model police station assisted them.
Nusrat, a student of Sonagazi Islamia Senior Fazil Madrasa, was set ablaze on April 6 allegedly for refusing to withdraw a case filed against the principal for sexually harassing her late last month.
Only a few minutes before the Alim exams on April 6, four unidentified people allegedly took Nusrat to the roof of the three-storey administrative building of the madrasa saying one of her friends was being assaulted there, victim's brother Mahmudul Hasan Noman had said.
She lost her battle for life on April 10, five days after she was set afire -- an incident that sparked outrage all over the country.
- GD filed over Nusrat’s death
- PBI found sensational information over Nusrat killing
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- Probe report against Nowshaba on May 28
- Barguna murder: HC seeks info about ‘action’ taken within noon
- 3 to die for killing RU prof Shafiul
- Modhumoti Model Town remains illegal
- Female magistrates for testimonies of sexual assault victims
- Lead found in 93 out of 96 liquid milk in the market
- Nusrat murder: Writ seeks judicial probe
- HC asks to remove 52 adulterated products by 10 days
- Writ over re-fixing of Shab-e-Barat date refused
- Nayon Bond not made in a day: HC
- Nusrat murder
Charge sheet submitted seeking death penalty for 16
- 6 to die for Anis Khadem murder case