Online classes for Grade XI begins
Published: 11:26 4 October 2020 Updated: 16:02 4 October 2020
As the educational institution across the country is remain closed due to the coronavirus pandemic, classes of grade XI (2020-2021 academic year) has begun online.
Education Minister Dr Dipu Moni and Deputy Education Minister Mohibul Hasan Chowdhury inaugurated the online class at Dhaka College at 10:00 am on Sunday.
Earlier, a letter, signed by Dhaka Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board Chairman and Bangladesh Inter-Education Board Coordination Sub-Committee Chairman Prof Md Ziaul Haque, has been sent to all the colleges asking them to take necessary steps to start online classes from October 4.
In the letter, the board said that it has been not possible to take classes in the classroom due to Covid-19. In order not to disrupt the education of the students, a decision has been made to take online classes from October 4 for the students admitted in class XI in the academic year 2020-21.
According to the Board of Education, due to the coronavirus outbreak, the classes will be run online. After re-opening of the educational institution, the teaching activities will continue in the normal classroom.
Meanwhile, the ongoing holiday for educational institutions in the country has been extended till October 31 due to the coronavirus pandemic. As per the previous announcement, the holiday was until October 3. Before the expiration of that period, it has been announced to extend the holiday.
The educational institutions across the country have been remained closed since March 17 due to coronavirus outbreak. The holiday was extended several times - the latest on Thursday.
- SSC exams in 2021 likely to be cancelled
- 42nd, 43rd BCS circular today
- BUP lecturer leaves for Cambridge with Commonwealth scholarship
- 43rd BCS circular soon
- How students to be promoted from class 8 to class 9
- Monthly internet bundle at Tk 100 for students
- Hidden stories behind a ‘viral anti-rape’ photo
- No ‘autopass’, students to pass into next class on assessment
- Next SSC-HSC exams likely to be delayed
- Dipu Moni: HSC exam to be taken in two weeks’ preparations
- Class-XI admission begins
- Decision on HSC exams schedule today
- No quota for primary teachers recruitment
- 40th BCS written exam results to be published soon
- Online classes for Grade XI begins