Onions’ 1st shipment arrive Tuesday by cargo planes
Published: 14:20 16 November 2019 Updated: 14:49 16 November 2019
Onions are being flown to Bangladesh from several countries including Afghanistan and the United Arab Emirates on an emergency basis at the initiative of the Commerce Ministry to keep the local market stable.
The first shipment of the onion, that will be imported by S Alam Group, will arrive in Dhaka from Egypt on Tuesday through cargo aircraft. An official of the Ministry of Commerce confirmed the matter on Saturday.
The other shipment of onion, that will be imported by other companies will reach Dhaka by cargo planes in phases.
The government has taken various measures to keep the local onion market stable. Through cargo planes, Trading Corporation of Bangladesh (TCB) is importing onion from Turkey while S Alam Group from Egypt and many other companies from Afghanistan and the United Arab Emirates.
A press release of the Ministry of Commerce said that India banned onion export in Bangladesh on September 29. As an alternative, Bangladesh has started importing onion from Myanmar through LC and Border Trade. Onion imports were also started from Egypt and Turkey through LC.
- Bengal Commercial Bank launching soon
- JMI Hospital Requisite holds IPO road show
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- US unemployment rate falls to 50-year low of 3.5%
- Fiery price in abundant Hilsa
- CIP cards handover to 182 businessmen
- Local brands dominate Dhaka Furniture Fair
- Purbachal set to get a full commercial township
- Malaysian investors dazed at amazing dev of Bangladesh
- Middle-Eastern expats ahead in remittance
- Onion price drops
- Onion import begins from Myanmar-Turkey-Egypt
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- Onions to be sold at Tk 45 in 35 places in capital
- TCB to provide onion at Tk 45