Onion cargo flight arrives at Shahjalal airport
Published: 21:10 20 November 2019 Updated: 22:56 20 November 2019
The first shipment of onion cargo flight arrived at Dhaka Shahjalal International airport at 7.15 pm from Karachi, carrying 82 tonnes of onion.
The Azerbaijan’s air cargo “Silkway West Airlines” carrying 82 tonnes of onion landed at the Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport said a senior official of the aircraft's cargo branch.
The importer of the shipment is Dhaka Shad Enterprise. The process of unloading the onion has begun after the plane landed.
Meanwhile, a team is ready at the airport to unload the imported onions. It has been reported that the onion will be unloaded full free of charge.
Apart from this, there will be no charge for these onion imports.
Earlier, Commerce Minister Tipu Munshi said the imported onion was supposed to arrive on Tuesday but it delays 24 hours due to loading problem. Onions brought by aircraft will be sold through TCB.
In this case, the government will subsidize it. Once the onion-bound plane arrives in the country, the sale will start all over the country with four to five hundred trucks to reduce controul the price everywhere.
Onion selling is going on at fair prices in various areas of the country including the capital. TCB's mobile shopping center has been targeted by a general consumer crisis.
TCB is selling onions at 35 places in the capital at a price of Tk 45.
- DITF duration extended
- DITF-2020 begins on Wednesday
- Tk 200 note to hit market soon
- Bangladesh to outshine Malaysia, Singapore by 2024
- Mustafa Kamal named world’s best Finance Minister
- ‘Income Tax Fair’ kicks off tomorrow
- Armed Forces Income Tax Fair begins
- Onion cargo flight arrives at Shahjalal airport
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- Engr Sayeed Ahmed made PDB new chairman
- Bangla Bond debuts on London Stock Exchange
- Toyota to recall 1,380 defective cars in China
- Onions’ 1st shipment arrive Tuesday by cargo planes
- Ecnec okays 7 projects worth Tk 11,042 cr
- Uniform made compulsory for all Customs and VAT officials