Ongoing lockdown extended till May 16
Published: 14:10 3 May 2021 Updated: 16:37 3 May 2021
Cabinet Secretary Khandaker Anwarul Islam said the ongoing lockdown has extended till May 16 to curb the coronavirus outbreak.
He told reporters at a briefing after the Cabinet meeting at the Secretariat in the capital on Monday.
A week-long lockdown began on April 5 to prevent the second wave of coronavirus infections in the country. That lockdown lasted till April 13.
Then, in the second phase, a “strict lockdown” started from April 14 across the country, which lasted till April 21. After that, the lockdown was extended for another week till April 26. Then it was extended for another week till May 5.
- Premium Sweets owner among 3 killed in Canada road crash
- Bangladeshi girl sexually assaulted in India: 6 detained
- DNCC’s ‘Digital Cattle Hat’ being launched
- Girl’s hanging body found; Case filed against top industrialist
- Ongoing lockdown extended till May 16
- Father hacked to death in front of child: Mastermind among 2 held
- Lockdown may relax before Eid: Quader
- PM inaugurates Army Headquarters Selection Board-2021
- Female doctor found dead in capital
- 3 dead, about 30 injured in Moghbazar blast
- Country’s first subway
Only 24min to take for Airport-Kamalpur
- Rain likely to continue for 3 days
- Lieutenant General SM Shafiuddin Ahmed made new army chief
- Chronology of national budget of Bangladesh
- Shutdown: New system like ‘curfew’ to curb pandemic