One papaya sold for Tk 1.69 lakh in Habiganj!
Published: 23:13 22 May 2020 Updated: 23:14 22 May 2020
The papaya that was sold for Tk Tk 1.69 lakh in Habiganj; Photo: Collected
Papaya was sold at a high cost in Madhabpur of Habiganj. The papaya of Banogaon Jame Mosque was sold for Tk 1 lakh and 69 thousand at auction in the presence of Muslim pilgrims in Shahjahanpur UP of the upazila on Thursday night.
It is learned that Abdus Sattar of Banogaon first bought papaya for Tk 3,000 and donated it to the mosque. Later, Ashraf Mia bought papaya for Tk 10,000 and donated it to the mosque again. Then UP member Amir bought papaya for Tk 8,000 and Shahid Mia for Tk 70,000 and donated it to the mosque again. Gradually, everyone bought papaya at auction and started donating to the mosque again. At one stage the price of papaya stood at Tk 1,62,000.
The next day, during Iftar, the papaya was again sold for Tk 7,000. In the end, the selling price of papaya stood at Tk 1,69,000.
Ashraf Mia of Banogaon village said the entire proceeds from the sale of papaya would be used for the development of the Bangaon Jame Mosque.
- Wife hacked dead in Facebook live
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus suspected youth in Naogaon, report this evening
- Expatriate hospitalised suspecting coronavirus in Sylhet
- 3 women heading an Upazila
- 40 quarantined in Narayanganj
- 29 suspected coronavirus patient quarantine in Madaripur
- Most infected in last 24 hours in Gazipur
- Locust attack in Teknaf
- Beggar donates Tk 10,000 to UNO`s relief fund
- 30 missing as bridal party carrying boat sinks in Padma
- Chaos over mobile theft in Soumya’s wed
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- Wife hacked dead in live: Husband gives confessional statement
- 15 Willes Little Flower students injured
Teacher loses hand in Gopalganj road crash