One held over Buet student Abrar murder
Published: 12:14 7 October 2019
Police on Monday morning arrested a student of Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (Buet) in connection with the murder of another student of the institution.
Victim Abrar Fahad, hailing from Kushtia, was a second-year student of Electrical and Electronic Engineering. He was a resident of the no-1011 room of the institution’s Sher-E-Bangla residential hall.
Earlier in the morning, the body of Abrar was recovered from the hall.
Buet’s physician Dr. Mashuk Elahi said that being informed by students of the hall he went to the hall and saw the body near the stairs. There were injury marks all over his body, he added.
Later, on information, police recovered the body around 5:00 am, said Chawkbazar Police Station’s Officer-in-Charge Sohrab Hossain.
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Incredible! - ‘This picture is hand-painted!’
- CONTRAST 3.0 to kick off tomorrow
- Closing day of 4 day-long photography exhibition by BUPPS
CONTRAST 3.0 signing off tomorrow
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Buet’s Abrar in annual exam: Students cried again
- HSC exam form filling date extended
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- New complexity in primary teacher recruitment
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- ‘Flower Festival 2020’ at BUP Feb 2
- Graduates gather at RU amid fanfare
- Question leakage and admission fraud
DU expels 63 students for life
- US offer Bangladeshi students to study at American school