Obaidul Quader returns home
Published: 18:13 15 May 2019 Updated: 18:19 15 May 2019
Awami Leauge General Secretary, Road Transport and Bridge Minister Obaidul Quader returned home after 2 months and 10 days long treatment in Singapore today.
BG-085, a flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines carrying Quader land at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport at 6pm. At the airport, Awami Leauge leaders and activists greeted him.
Deputy Commissioner of Road Transport and Highways Department Information Officer Abu Naser Daily confirmed this to Bangladesh.
Earlier on March 3, Obaidul Quader was initially admitted to Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University(BSMMU) hospital following breathing complications. Tests revealed three blockages in his coronary artery.
Renowned Indian cardiologist Dr. Devi Shetty, who flew to Dhaka from Bangalore for Quader’s treatment, examined the Awami League leader at BSMMU and advised on taking him abroad for better treatment.
Following the advice of the Indian cardiologist, Quader was flown to Singapore on an air ambulance.
The Minister underwent bypass surgery at Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore on March 20.
- Ershad`s son Eric receives kidnap threat
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- JaPa chairman Ershad in life support
- Ailing Ershad on oxygen support: doctors
- Ershad’s condition too critical to send abroad: GM Kader
- AL observes 70th founding anniversary
- ASM Abdur Rab hospitalized
- Ershad`s physical condition remains unchanged
- BNP foreigner complaint centric, not pro-people: Hasan
- Rape allegation against JP Secretary General
- Death news rumored, Ershad is alive: GM Quader
- Declare state of emergency to tackle dengue: Fakhrul
- ‘Condolence Book’ in memory Ershad
- Quader visit ailing Ershad at CMH
- Kader Siddiqui quits Oikyafront