Obaidul Quader returns home
Published: 18:13 15 May 2019 Updated: 18:19 15 May 2019
Awami Leauge General Secretary, Road Transport and Bridge Minister Obaidul Quader returned home after 2 months and 10 days long treatment in Singapore today.
BG-085, a flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines carrying Quader land at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport at 6pm. At the airport, Awami Leauge leaders and activists greeted him.
Deputy Commissioner of Road Transport and Highways Department Information Officer Abu Naser Daily confirmed this to Bangladesh.
Earlier on March 3, Obaidul Quader was initially admitted to Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University(BSMMU) hospital following breathing complications. Tests revealed three blockages in his coronary artery.
Renowned Indian cardiologist Dr. Devi Shetty, who flew to Dhaka from Bangalore for Quader’s treatment, examined the Awami League leader at BSMMU and advised on taking him abroad for better treatment.
Following the advice of the Indian cardiologist, Quader was flown to Singapore on an air ambulance.
The Minister underwent bypass surgery at Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore on March 20.
- JnU BCL committee dissolved
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- AL to observe historic 7th March
- Bogura AL President Momtaz Uddin dies
- Barrister Razzaq resigns from Jamaat
- DNCC by-polls
5 mayor aspirants get symbols
- ‘None can lead country from controversial position’
- AL reveals 2nd phase UZ polls candidates name
- AL candidates in 3rd phase of UZ polls announced
- BNP chalks out 2-day programme to mark Feb 21
- Syeda Zakia elected MP unopposed
- GM Quader reinstated as JP Co-chair
- Gono Forum to JS
Mansur, Mokabbir`s oath by Mar 15
- Ershad on 4-day visit to Rangpur