Obaidul Quader returns home
Published: 18:13 15 May 2019 Updated: 18:19 15 May 2019
Awami Leauge General Secretary, Road Transport and Bridge Minister Obaidul Quader returned home after 2 months and 10 days long treatment in Singapore today.
BG-085, a flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines carrying Quader land at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport at 6pm. At the airport, Awami Leauge leaders and activists greeted him.
Deputy Commissioner of Road Transport and Highways Department Information Officer Abu Naser Daily confirmed this to Bangladesh.
Earlier on March 3, Obaidul Quader was initially admitted to Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University(BSMMU) hospital following breathing complications. Tests revealed three blockages in his coronary artery.
Renowned Indian cardiologist Dr. Devi Shetty, who flew to Dhaka from Bangalore for Quader’s treatment, examined the Awami League leader at BSMMU and advised on taking him abroad for better treatment.
Following the advice of the Indian cardiologist, Quader was flown to Singapore on an air ambulance.
The Minister underwent bypass surgery at Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore on March 20.
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- BCL announced full-fledged committee
- Miscreants kill Bogura BNP leader
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Obaidul Quader almost cured
- Ershad condemns blasts in Sri Lanka
- Ershad`s son Eric receives kidnap threat
- 4 BNP MPs-elect in Parliament for oath
- BNP tried to distort history: Hanif
- Jamaat has no right of politics: Hanif
- JP’s chairmanship will be at Rangpur: GM Quader
- Country’s 99 pc workers deprived of rights: GM Quader
- Hasina calls for strengthening Awami League at grassroots
- Quader for salary, bonus before 25th Ramadan
- Four BNP MPs-elect take oath