Nusrat’s father satisfied with the verdict
Published: 12:53 24 October 2019 Updated: 16:37 24 October 2019
A tribunal in Feni on Thursday sentenced 16 people including principal Md Sirajuddoula to death in the case lodged over the murder of Sonagazi madrasa student Nusrat Jahan Rafi. Judge Md Mamunur Rashed of Feni Women and Child Repression Prevention Tribunal pronounced the verdict around 11:30 am.
Nusrat’s father Maulana AKM Musa Manik expressed satisfaction with the verdict.
In response to Daily Bangladesh, he said, “I am pleased to Allah for the death sentence of 16 people involved in the murder of my daughter. I also thank Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.”
“I request the Prime Minister’s surveillance until the execution of the accused,” he also said.
The death awardees are - former principal of Sonagazi Islamia Senior Fazil Madrasa Md Sirajuddaula, Nur Uddin, Shahdat Hossain Shamim, Sonagazi municipality councillor Maksud Alam, Saifur Rahman Mohammad Jobayer, Jabed Hossain alias Sakhwat Hossain Jabed, Hafez Abdul Kader, Afsar Uddin, Kamrun Nahar Moni, Umme Sultana alias Popy alias Tuhin alias Shampa alias Champa, Abdur Rahim Sharif, Eftekhar Uddin Rana, Imran Hossain alias Mamun, Mohammad Shamim, Vice-President of the Governing Body of Madrasah Ruhul Amin and Mohiuddin Shakil. The Tribunal also fined them Tk 1 lakh each.
Nusrat, a student of Sonagazi Islamia Senior Fazil Madrasa, was set on fire on April 6, 2019, by stooges of madrasa principal Md Sirajuddoula as she refused to withdraw a case filed against the teacher for sexual harassment. Nusrat succumbed to her injuries at Dhaka Medical College Hospital on April 10.
Nusrat’s brother Mahmudul Hasan Noman on April 8, had filed the case against eight.
Police Bureau of Investigation (PBI) on June 29 filed a chargesheet against 16. The court examined 87 witnesses on different occasions from June 27 to September 30.
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- 2 detained over rape attempt in Mermaid Resort
- Narayanganj SP Harun transferred
- Nusrat’s father satisfied with the verdict
- BRTC’s AC bus service launched in Bandarban
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Bangladeshi scientist discover `Chives` alternative to onion
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Casino behind bKash service, 5 held in Jamalpur
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- Ansar deployed in Bhola amid `Bulbul` scary
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later