Nusrat murder: Suspect Moni held
Published: 09:44 16 April 2019 Updated: 16:05 16 April 2019
Nusrat Jahan Rafi
Members of Police Bureau of Investigation (PBI) have detained another suspect Kamrun Nahar Moni in connection with the death of Feni madrasa student Nusrat Jahan Rafi.
She was detained from Feni on Monday night, said PBI's Additional SP Moniruzzaman.
Moni is a niece of Shahadat Hossain Shamim, the key accused in the Nusrat Jahan Rafi murder case. On the day of Nusrat's murder, Moni comes to Madrasah, carrying one-litre kerosene. Moni was detained for investigation, PBI said.
On April 6, Nusrat Jahan Rafi, a student of Sonagazi Fazil Madrasah, was set on fire allegedly by some fellows as she refused to withdraw a case filed against the madrasa principal for sexual harassment.
She succumbed to injuries at Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) on April 10.
- Rifat murder prime accused Nayon Bond killed in gunfight
- Minni satisfied over death of Nayon Bond
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Those who stood, mainly blocked our way: Rifat’s wife
- Refat laid to rest
- Four people held over Rifat killing
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- 1 held over brutal murder of Barguna man
- Rifat Murder
Second prime accused Rifat Farazi held
- 3 in remand over Rifat murder case
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Rifat’s body on way to Barguna
- Intimate scene of multiple women with Nayan Bond leaked!