Nusrat murder: Suspect Moni held
Published: 09:44 16 April 2019 Updated: 16:05 16 April 2019
Nusrat Jahan Rafi
Members of Police Bureau of Investigation (PBI) have detained another suspect Kamrun Nahar Moni in connection with the death of Feni madrasa student Nusrat Jahan Rafi.
She was detained from Feni on Monday night, said PBI's Additional SP Moniruzzaman.
Moni is a niece of Shahadat Hossain Shamim, the key accused in the Nusrat Jahan Rafi murder case. On the day of Nusrat's murder, Moni comes to Madrasah, carrying one-litre kerosene. Moni was detained for investigation, PBI said.
On April 6, Nusrat Jahan Rafi, a student of Sonagazi Fazil Madrasah, was set on fire allegedly by some fellows as she refused to withdraw a case filed against the madrasa principal for sexual harassment.
She succumbed to injuries at Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) on April 10.
- Rifat murder prime accused Nayon Bond killed in gunfight
- Fear in bamboo bridge
- Nusrat murder: another accused held in Bhaluka
- Nurse killed after rape in moving bus, 5 held
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- Minni satisfied over death of Nayon Bond
- Mother-son among 5 killed in Chandpur road crash
- Shocked at sister`s death
Nusrat’s ailing brother hospitalized
- Nusrat murder: Suspect Moni held
- Rajshahi mango to be available from May 15
- Per kg of mango costs Tk 4!
- Aruk Munshi: living reflect of Bangabandhu
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF