Nusrat murder: 2 including Moksud arrested
Published: 10:21 12 April 2019 Updated: 14:43 12 April 2019
Two people including municipal councilor Moksud Alam, one of the accused in the murder case of Feni madrasa student Nusrat Jahan Rafi, has been arrested.
Police Bureau of Investigation (PBI) arrested him from a residential hotel in Dhaka. And his assistant was arrested in Chattogram. His name was not known yet. Feni PBI’s ASP Md Moniruzzaman confirmed the arrest of Moksud Alam.
“The details will be briefed later. Moksud is one of the main accused of the case that was filed by Nusrat’s brother Noman,” he said.
Meanwhile, the main accused in the case, Siraj Ud-Daula, is on 7-day remand. Besides, the English department lecturer of the madrasa Absar Uddin, and Nusrat’s classmates Ariful Islam, Nur Hossain, Kefayet Ullah Joni, Sultana Popi, the main accused of the case, Nusrat’s classmate and the niece of the Sonagazi Islamia Fazil Madrasa Principal Siraj Ud-Daula, and another madrasa student Jobayer Ahmed are on 5-day remand.
Among the accused, those are still absconding- Shahadat Hossain Shamim, Hafez Abdul Kader, and Noor Uddin, from Madarasa village of North Charchandia village of Sonagazi municipality.
On April 6, a group of masked youths, reported to be principal’s stooge, took Nusrat to the rooftop and set her on fire in their bid to kill her. Five days later, on Wednesday night, Nusrat died in the Burn Unit of DMCH. Nusrat’s brother filed a case against Madarasa principal Siraj Ud Daula in this incident.
- Dr. Sabrina still on the run
- Budget 2020-2021 at a glance
- Sabrina wanted to be ‘heroine’, goes waste after marriage
- Cheating griped in Dr. Sabrina`s family life too
- Fahim murder: Which was seen in CCTV footage
- Dhaka under zone-based lockdown from Sunday
- 3 ministers buy cows on 1st day of ‘Digital Haat’
- COVID-19 sample collection to be done by online
- Cyclone “Amphan” may hit the coast today
- 1063 coronavirus patients return home after recovery in country
- 1602 coronavirus patients diagnosed in 24 hrs
‘Movement Pass’ will be required for movement
- 83pc of coronavirus patients only in Dhaka: DGHS
- Digital Cattle Market
DNCC to provide Qurbani in live streaming, meat home delivery
- Schools, colleges to remain closed till September if necessary