Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
Published: 15:53 19 October 2019
Now a similar incident like Sunamganj’s child Tuhin murder has been repeated in Faridpur. The father strangled his half-year-old child on Friday night in Sadarpur upazila.
The deceased was identified as Rahmat Pramanik, son of Hanif Pramanik of Chandpur village of Bhachanchar UP of the upazila.
The child's mother, Shwapna Begum, alleged that there had been a dispute between them for some time. “Hanif Pramanik was not acknowledging the paternity of Rahmat. Denies the claim of fatherhood, he killed Rahmat and fled.
After dinner at night, everyone falls asleep. Later she woke up and did not find father and son in bed, Shwapna Begum also said. “After searching, we found the body of the child in the adjoining house. But did not find Hanif Pramanik.”
The body of the child was recovered that night. Shwapna Begum filed a murder case against Hanif Pramanik in the incident. Since the incident, Hanif Pramanik has been absconding, said Md Lutfur Rahman, officer-in-charge of Sadarpur Police Station.
On October 14, father Abdul Basir, uncle Nasir Uddin, and cousin Shahriar murdered five-year-old child Tuhin by cutting throat, ear and genital part and two knives in stomach in Derai, Sunamganj.
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- 2 detained over rape attempt in Mermaid Resort
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- Bangladeshi scientist discover `Chives` alternative to onion
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- Allama Azhar Ali Anwar Shah dies
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’ left behind Bubuli in Bagerhat
- Ansar deployed in Bhola amid `Bulbul` scary
- Fatal train collision in B’baria kills 15
- Wedding of garments owners’ daughter today
- B’baria train collision: Death toll climbs to 16
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- Bijoy Mela begins in Ctg
- Feni govt college ridden in trouble