Notification issued over name of Padma Bridge
Published: 09:02 30 May 2022
A gazette notification has been issued naming the bridge built on mighty river Padma as 'Padma Bridge'.
Bridges Division of Road Transport and Bridges Ministry issued the gazette on Sunday night saying the order will be effective immediately.
According to the notice, “The under-construction bridge over the Padma River under 'Padma Multipurpose Bridge Construction Project' implemented by Bangladesh Bridge Authority under the Bridge Department of the ministry connecting Mawa point of Munshiganj and Jajira point of Shariatpur has been named the Padma Bridge.”
Earlier on May 24, Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader announced that Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina decided to name the bridge after the river Padma.
The Prime Minister will inaugurate the long-cherished Padma Bridge on June 25 next.
- Routine load shedding from tomorrow
- Bangladeshi physician nominated for Nobel Prize
- Today`s load-shedding schedule
- Height restrictions on building construction lifted
- Child among 4 killed as girder falls on private car in Uttara
- 12 kg LPG cylinder price reduced by Tk 35
- BRTA announces new fare list for public transports
- Today’s load-shedding schedule (07.08.2022)
- 89.51pc Cabinet’s decisions implemented till Jun 2022
- 60 more dengue patients hospitalized, one dies
- President urges judges to ensure justice
- Int’l organizations should be allowed to work in Rakhine: PM
- 180 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- 40 more dengue patients hospitalized
- Metropolitans bus fare rise by 29 paisa, long routes 40 paisa