No politics with reliefs: Tofail
Published: 17:26 19 May 2020
Former Commerce Minister Tofail Ahmed; Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Former Commerce Minister Tofail Ahmed has called on the people to stand by the helpless in the coronavirus situation as much as they can.
“No politics with reliefs,” he said while distributing food items and Eid gifts to 10,000 families in 13 unions of Bhola Sadar Upazila on Tuesday.
At this time, he further said, “We are giving relief only on behalf of Awami League. No other team is offering relief here. Therefore, measures have to be taken so that all the poor people can get relief. No one should do politics with relief.”
Later, on his behalf, District Council Chairman Abdul Momin Tulu handed over food items to 1,500 families by maintaining social distance. At the same time, party leaders and workers also distributed relief in other unions of the upazila.
Sadar Upazila Chairman Mosharraf Hossain, Upazila Nirbahi Officer Mizanur Rahman, District Awami League Joint Secretary Zahurul Islam Naqib, Organizing Secretary Moinul Hossain Biplob, and others were present on the occasion.
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- AL metes out coronavirus awareness leaflets
- BNP`s politics depends on Television: Quader
- Chhatra League demands ban on Jamaat-Shibir
- Quader calls rich to stand by helpless people
- Hasan Mahmud advises Fakhrul to study
- ‘Refusing 7 March means denying the Independence’
- AL to be more popular in future: HT Imam
- No one will escape committing crime: Quader
- Govt ready to fight corona: Quader
- BNP doing politics with corona: Hasan Mahmud
- Bangladesh have successfully controlled coronavirus : Nasim
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- No alternative of unity in coronavirus disaster: Obaidul Quader
- BNP continues its unannounced war against court: Quader