No harmful contents in pasteurized milk brands, BSTI to HC
Published: 19:13 25 June 2019 Updated: 19:17 25 June 2019
The BSTI authority has submitted a report to the High Court saying that there are no harmful contents found in 14 of 18 pasteurized milk brands that are available in the market.
The report was submitted to the bench comprising Justice Syed Refat Ahmed and Justice Md Iqbal Kabir in response to the writ hearing.
Lawyer Md Tanveer Ahmed was present in the court for the writ. Deputy Attorney General Qazi Zinat Haque was present for the state. Lawyer Sarkar MR Hasan (Mamun) was present for the BSTI.
At the beginning of the hearing, pasteurized milk test reports were submitted to the High Court. No harmful contents were found in 14 of 18 pasteurized milk brands. The brands are - Pura, Iron, Aarong Dairy, Farm Fresh Milk, Mo, Milk Vita, Aftab, Ultra, Tania (200ml and 500ml), Igloo, Pran Milk, Dairy Fresh, Milk Fresh and Cowhead Pure Milk.
The court adjourned the hearing proceeding of the case until next Thursday, June 27.
On May 17, 2018, news published in various newspapers titled ‘75 percent of pasteurized milk is not safe’. When these reports were brought to the court attention, the court ordered to file a writ petition. In view of this, on May 20, 2018, Lawyer Md Tanveer Ahmed filed a writ petition with the High Court.
The High Court directed the special committee formed by the Ministry of Food to submit a report on the quality of pasteurized milk brands available in the market. Morshed Ahmed, a member of the Bangladesh Food and Drug Administration, was made the convener.
- GD filed over Nusrat’s death
- PBI found sensational information over Nusrat killing
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- Probe report against Nowshaba on May 28
- Barguna murder: HC seeks info about ‘action’ taken within noon
- 3 to die for killing RU prof Shafiul
- Modhumoti Model Town remains illegal
- Female magistrates for testimonies of sexual assault victims
- Lead found in 93 out of 96 liquid milk in the market
- Nusrat murder: Writ seeks judicial probe
- HC asks to remove 52 adulterated products by 10 days
- Writ over re-fixing of Shab-e-Barat date refused
- Nayon Bond not made in a day: HC
- Nusrat murder
Charge sheet submitted seeking death penalty for 16
- 6 to die for Anis Khadem murder case