`No alternative to capacity building to tackle cyber attack`
Published: 23:32 8 September 2019
State Minister for Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Division Zunaid Ahmed Palak today said there is no alternative to strengthen capacity and create awareness for preventing cyber attack.
“The government and private agencies, industrial bodies and academics should work together to build the capacity to fight cyber attack. Alongside that infrastructures should be developed,” he said while addressing the inaugural function of a training course in the capital.
Digital Security Agency (DSA) of the ICT Division and the a2i organised the training course titled ‘Online Training for Enhancing Awareness of the Government Officials’ at Bangladesh Computer Council (BCC) auditorium at the ICT Tower in the city’s Agargaon area, said a press release.
Chief Coordinator on the SDG Affairs at the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) Md Abul Kalam Azad addressed the function as special guest with ICT Division Secretary NM Zeaul Alam in the chair.
Noting that the government officials are yet to use the official e-mail ID for all official works, Palak said BCC gives an e-mail ID to all government officials. That is why the public officials should use the official e-mail so that the country could not be put at cyber risk for an individual, he added.
The ICT state minister said the government has already formulated an ‘E-Mail Policy’ which is now awaiting final approval.
Addressing the function, Abul Kalam Azad said as per the government’s commitment, at least one online training will be given to the officials of each institution. The government is prepared to give all-out cooperation in this regard, he added.
DSA Director-General Rashedul Islam, a2i’s Policy Advisor Anir Chowdhury, DSA Director Tareq Barkat Ullah and Internet Service Provider Association of Bangladesh (ISPAB) MA Hakim addressed the function, among others.
Later, Palak inaugurated the online training course of the online platform ‘Muktopaath’ on digital security.
- COP25 island nation in `fight to death`
- Solar eclipse: ‘Ring of Fire’ around sun after 172 yrs
- Evaly accused of cheating over online offers
- Rare Solar Eclipse started in Bangladesh
- Google Doodle celebrates Zainul Abedin’s birthday
- Motorola flips for its futuristic foldable phone
- Russia successfully tests alternative internet
- Video app TikTok unblocks teen who posted on China`s Muslims
- 1st driving test of ‘Mars 2020 rover’ completed
- WhatsApp stopped working on millions of phones
- It was invitation, not legal notice: Telenor
- Evaly becomes billionaire cheating with customers
- Storm over new black hole issue
- ‘Daak Taka’ to make postal service more digital: Jabbar
- All eyes on Dec 26 ‘Ring of Fire’ in sky