Nixon Chowdhury in High Court for anticipatory bail
Published: 10:52 20 October 2020 Updated: 10:53 20 October 2020
Faridpur-4 MP Mujibur Rahman Chowdhury (Nixon)
Faridpur-4 MP Mujibur Rahman Chowdhury (Nixon) has appeared in the High Court seeking anticipatory bail in a case filed against him for violating the Electoral Code of Conduct.
Nixon Chowdhury’s anticipatory bail petition is on the agenda for hearing in the High Court bench of Justice Sheikh Md. Zakir Hossain and Justice KM Zahid Sarwar Kajal. Dr. Shahdin Malik and lawyer Manzur Alam are present for his bail.
The EC filed a case against Nixon on October 15 for violating the code of conduct as an MP in the upazila elections.
District Senior Election Officer Noabul Islam filed the case with the Charbhadrasan Police Station in Faridpur on behalf of the EC.
In the case, Nixon Chowdhury appealed for an anticipatory bail in the High Court on October 18.
- Anushka rape and murder: Court directs DNA test
- ACC files chargesheet against Casino Khalid
- HC orders Papul’s wife, daughter to surrender
- ‘Golden Monir’ on 18 days remand
- Case files against ex-mayor Sayeed Khokon, 7 others
- 7 judges with rank of District and Session Judge transferred
- Mother-son murdered in Kakrail: Husband among 3 to die
- Writ filed banning Bigo Live, TikTok, Likee apps
- Life imprisonment means jail until death: Appellate Division
- Verdict on sensational Samiul murder case today
- Drug case: Probe report against Irfan Selim deferred
- Hearing on Golden Monir`s bail plea today
- Arrest warrant issued against PK Haldar
- Youth confesses rape, murder of schoolgirl in Kalabagan
- Hearing of case against Sabrina, Ariful adjourned till Dec 15