National Insurance Day March 1
Published: 21:18 15 January 2020
The government has decided to observe March 1 as a national insurance day. The Cabinet has already approved the day for the 'B' category, the finance ministry sources said.
Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman joined the then Alpha Insurance Company on March 1, 1960. To keep the day memorable the government has decided to obserb March 1 as 'National Insurance Day' now on.
In order to increase public awareness, National Insurance Day - 2014 has been proposed to be launched National Insurance Day.
- DITF duration extended
- DITF-2020 begins on Wednesday
- Tk 200 note to hit market soon
- Bangladesh to outshine Malaysia, Singapore by 2024
- Mustafa Kamal named world’s best Finance Minister
- ‘Income Tax Fair’ kicks off tomorrow
- Armed Forces Income Tax Fair begins
- Onion cargo flight arrives at Shahjalal airport
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- Engr Sayeed Ahmed made PDB new chairman
- Bangla Bond debuts on London Stock Exchange
- Toyota to recall 1,380 defective cars in China
- Onions’ 1st shipment arrive Tuesday by cargo planes
- Ecnec okays 7 projects worth Tk 11,042 cr
- Uniform made compulsory for all Customs and VAT officials