Narayanganj Mosque blast: Death toll rises to 17
Published: 14:48 5 September 2020 Updated: 17:19 5 September 2020
The death toll in the horrible AC explosion in the Narayanganj’s Talla Baitus Salat Jame Mosque in Fatullah has risen to 17, including a child and a muezzin. The burn victims are being treated at the Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery in the capital. The rest out of the 37 victims are also in the critical state.
Sheikh Hasina National Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute Coordinator Dr. Samanta Lal Sen has confirmed the matter On Saturday morning.
The deceased were identified as Delwar Hossain, 48 the Muazzin of the mosque, Humayun Kabir, 70, Jewel, Ibrahim, 43, Junaid, 17, Jamal, 40, Jubayer, 7, Rifat, 18, Mostafa Kamal, 34, Sabbir, 21, Rashel, 34, Quddus Byapari, 72, Jaynal, Mainuddin. Besides, the names of the other three have not been known yet.
Earlier, the assistant director of the burn unit. Hussein Imam said all the burn victims had burned their airways. Injured patients are being treated. A dedicated ward has been set up for those injured in the blast. The Director-General of the Department of Health visited. But no one is safe.
Fire Service and Civil Defense officials are investigating whether there was an AC explosion or a gas leak in the mosque in Narayanganj.
A fire service official said they had measured the mosque with a gas detector after the incident. About 70 percent of the methane gas was found inside the mosque.
Thirty-seven worshipers burnt in the AC blast at the Talla Baitus Salat Jame Mosque in Narayanganj are undergoing treatment at the Dhaka Medical College (DMC) Hospital. The blast happened during Esha prayers on Friday night.
- Maulana Golam Sarwar Saide dies
- Dr. Zohra Begum Kazi’s 108th birth anniv today
- Killing schoolgirl after rape: CID collects evidence
- Anushka at Dihan`s house: Which was seen in CCTV footage
- Dewanbagi Pir Syed Mahbub-e-Khoda dies
- Army officer adorned ‘Colonel’ rank while in coma for 7 years
- Shaheed Dr Milon Day on Friday
- Legal action will be taken against fake news portals: Hasan
- Two-day weekly holidays in schools, colleges
- Work of Mongla port’s new channel completed before schedule time
- Cold wave may continue till tomorrow morning
- 7hrs raid at Haji Selim’s residence, what recovered…
- Working to build a vibrant blue economy: PM
- Beigun’s remarks over Rohingya issue is inappropriate: China
- Irfan Selim sentenced to one-year imprisonment