NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
Published: 23:08 11 July 2019 Updated: 23:09 11 July 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
England will fight New Zealand in the World Cup final for the most coveted cricket trophy.
The hosts secured their final berth by defeating defending champion Australia by eight wickets at Edgbaston on Thursday.
None of the finalists won a World Cup before. This time, cricket will get a new champion.
England swept into their first World Cup final for 27 years as the hosts crushed Australia by eight wickets on Thursday to book a clash with New Zealand in Sunday's title match.
Eoin Morgan's side ended Australia's bid to retain the World Cup in ruthless fashion at Edgbaston, dismissing their old rivals for 223 and then powering to victory in 32.1 overs thanks to Jason Roy's blistering 85.
England will head to Lord's bidding to win the 50-over World Cup for the first time, with 2015 runners-up New Zealand, who they thrashed by 119 runs in the group stage, standing between Morgan's men and the trophy.
England, who were in the semi-finals for the first time since 1992, have lost all three of their World Cup finals.
The final will take the place at Lord’s on July 14.
Australia posted a moderate total of 223 runs while batting first after winning the toss. England chased the target in 32.1 overs with eight wickets in hand.
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Bangladesh U-19s sarts Asia Cup with win
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Bangladesh U-19 beat England U-19
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Shakib included in CWC19 best XI
- Tigers reach Ctg to play Test against Afghans
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Happy Birthday Mashrafe !
- ICC Women’s T20 WCQ
Tigresses crowns unbeaten champions
- Vettori elated to be Tigers’ spin bowling coach
- Tigresses in Scotland to play T20 WC Qualifiers
- Before the last ball, I remembered Mushfiqur: Stokes
- Bangladesh to play warm-up match today