NRC announced in Haryana, India
Published: 13:46 16 September 2019
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar: File Photo
In India, the Haryana state government is going to launch the National Register of Citizens (NRC). The state's Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has announced the launch of NRC in Haryana yesterday. He said the decision was taken as per the BJP government's plan to remove illegal immigrants from the state.
But the chief minister did not confirm when the program would start.
The Chief Minister told reporters after a courtesy call on Sunday with the retired Justice HS Bhalla and former Chief of the Navy Admiral Sunil Lamba in Panchkula. News India Times.
The work of the NRC began in Assam in the wake of the Supreme Court's directive in 2013. Since then, the Supreme Court has been monitoring the entire process.
The final list of the NRC was published on August 31. 19 lakh people are excluded from the list.
- Gibraltar frees seized Iran oil tanker
- `Kashmiri Girl` on top position
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- Saudi man accidentally buys 2 Airbus for sons birthday
- 4 of a Bangladeshi family found dead in Canada
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Princess Diana ‘alive’!
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- With one suicide every 40 seconds, WHO urges action
- Putin warned before 9/11 Twin-Tower attack
- Pakistan’s first female astronaut welcomed ISRO
- More than 100 bodies found floating in Libya coast
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- NZ mosque attack accused drops bid to move trial
- Article 370: What is happening with Kashmiris?