NBR’s extensive prog to observe VAT DAY, VAT Week
Published: 20:58 5 December 2019
The National Board of Revenue (NBR) will observe the VAT Day and VAT Week in the capital and other divisional cities this month with the theme ‘VAT Dichhe Jonogon, Desher Hochhe Unnayan’.
The revenue board has chalked out various programs to hold the National VAT Day on December 10 and the National VAT Week from December 10-15.
The NBR Chairman Md Mosharraf Hossain Bhuiyan informed this while talking to reporters today.
He said the aim of observing the VAT Day and the VAT Week is to motivate and make aware the common people to pay VAT through following good governance and improved management system.
“We’ll have to make VAT more simple before the common people,” Mosharraf said hoping that through this, a good relationship would be developed between the VAT officials and the taxpayers and thus paving the way for boosting revenue generation.
Like the previous years, the highest taxpaying individuals and organizations would be given honor in the production, services and business sectors.
On the VAT Day on December 10, a colorful rally, led by Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal, will be held in the capital. The rally will start from NBR Building at 7 am and end at the same place via Rajmoni Cinema Hall, Kakrail Mosque and Matsya Bhaban.
Later at 8:30 am, the NBR Chairman would distribute prizes among the winners of an essay competition at the NBR building conference room marking the VAT Day and the VAT Week.
The highest VAT payers would be awarded at a function later in the afternoon to be held at the Bangabandhu International Conference Center (BICC), where Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal, Planning Minister MA Mannan and PM’s Economic Affairs Adviser Dr Moshiur Rahman will remain present.
Besides, there will be stickers, billboards, balloons, colorful festoons and banners in the city to create awareness among the taxpayers centering the VAT Day and VAT Week. Apart from this, the initiative has also been taken to publish and air documentaries and ads in various print and online media as well as in the radio and TV channels.
- JMI Hospital Requisite holds IPO road show
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- DITF-2020 begins on Wednesday
- Tk 200 note to hit market soon
- Bangladesh to outshine Malaysia, Singapore by 2024
- Mustafa Kamal named world’s best Finance Minister
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- ‘Income Tax Fair’ kicks off tomorrow
- Armed Forces Income Tax Fair begins
- Onion cargo flight arrives at Shahjalal airport
- Weeklong Income Tax fair set to begin Nov 14
- Bangla Bond debuts on London Stock Exchange
- Middle-Eastern expats ahead in remittance
- Malaysian investors dazed at amazing dev of Bangladesh
- Toyota to recall 1,380 defective cars in China