NBR to launch mobile app to increase taxpayers
Published: 23:08 8 July 2019
The National Board of Revenue (NBR) is going to launch a ‘mobile app’ for increasing the number of taxpayers and preventing tax evasion.
“We will make web-based software and a mobile app for increasing the number of taxpayers. Through the app, we will bring all taxable persons under the tax net,” a senior official of NBR told BSS.
He informed that a total 649 tax zones across the country will be included with the mobile app and anyone can examine their tax certificate through using the mobile app.
“When a customer or general citizen can make a complaint against business establishment regarding the payment of tax through using the mobile app, normally the businessman will become careful in this regard and pay tax regularly,” he added.
The official also said the government will amend the existing law for effectively using the mobile app against tax evasion as well as increasing the number of taxpayers.
He also informed that the mobile app will only give the information regarding tax certificate. “If any business establishment and doctor, engineer, lawyer and other people, who are involved with their professions commercially and do not pay their tax, their certificate will be canceled normally. So, inactive certificate means, he or she does not pay their tax,” he added.
Out of the total number of 40 lakh registered e-Tin holders, only 20 lakh people are submitting their income tax return. NBR hopes that the mobile app will increase the number of taxpayers.
Recently, NBR Chairman Md Mosharraf Hossain Bhuiyan said the government has taken necessary initiatives to raise the number of taxpayers to 10 million within the next two years.
“Only one percent of our total population is paying tax. We are planning to increase the number of taxpayers to 10 million within the next two years. We have already started working to raise the number of tax payers,” he said.
- US-China trade war: Trump steps next
- Payra power plant protest leads to Chinese worker’s death
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- NBR to launch mobile app to increase taxpayers
- BARVIDA`s new committee to take office tomorrow
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 14 farms received President Award
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Bengal Commercial Bank launching soon
- Biggest budget in country’s history to be passed today
- Gold price further hiked amid upswing intl market
- Gold, silver price abated
- MoU to generate 500MW renewable power plants
- US-China trade war turning out to be boon for Bangladesh
- Egg prices rise again